Citroen fourgon beer van

Hewy

23 minutes ago, CrazyCrank said:

You've done an incredible job 👍

34 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

Great stuff!!

Thanks fellas ,i appreciate it

Were live since i posted ,and ive got some base coat on , only a loose interpretation so far ,colours used german grey , black along the panel lines and mr hobby light brown top side , no masking yet, just a bit of card, 

eHYds7P.jpg

CwklkpY.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dads203 said:

Awesome work Glynn, just had a look at all the updates that I missed,  some absolutely stunning paint work and detailing matey :goodjob:

Thanks dan , its a fun build for sure,   although a little rushed ,I'm glad its piqued your interest

I'm just nipping downstairs  to get a couple of tins of Guinness, only  to help with the colour match for the top coat  honest,  god knows what its gonna look like in an hour or two🤪

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, mbdesignart said:

Looking good. Glad you've found a decent resource for colour matching😁

"Buurp" Too Right, I've  had a really good look at the tins  🤪  (well to be honest it was nothing more than a glance), heres my interpretation 

qVms7Na.jpg

Darn it ,i mised the pillar behind the door with the" head", but there was always going to be touch ups i suppose,   decals tommorow

MZvrA1U.jpg

• Like 11

Thanks pete, would have probably been wise to have started this in september or  october maybe to cram a bit more in , i did get a ready salted crisp box done  and painted ,but, the last minute beer fridge hogged too mutch room ,and it didn't  look right on the shelf beneath ,  the mcewan's  export  and tennants super cans can be seen cooling in the fridge, got to be honest the decals at that size defeated me ,so i had to blob some paint on , your comments, advice,  and technical help have been superb, a short but fun build,should only be another few  days or so fingers crossed👍thanks again, 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, heloman1 said:

Just found your build thread, great work. Love the keg, almost looks real.

Colin

Thanks colin, I finished the decals last night ,  and I'm happy! , tonight I've  given them a dab of  micro sol,  due to the corrugated body they weren't easy at all  to apply,  but i really can't  fault the decals one bit , robust, glossy, a little stretchy, but they didn't break at all, after  a satin coat tomorrow I'm  going for a restrained weathering ,also  I'm  thinking christmas morning i might not hand this over 😋 ,time could to be a bit of an issue too 🤯, photos tommorow

Cheers all

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, longshanks said:

question, which craft build would you recommend

If you mean craft gin kev I'm  afraid that'll be in  unchartered waters of mrs hewys realm

Ale, stout ,and single malt for me

• Haha 1

Decals and a "restrained" weathering (ok i admit i got carried away ) I've only just done the weathering so it'll need a fettle when the oils are a bit drier, a few bits to add now , doors ,side mirrors ,lights and wheels, and a bit of minor painting with the brush ,and  another blow over with a matt mixed with satin finish , hopefully post the finished article next couple of day, mucky van isnt it 🤗

Cheers all

hj921sT.jpg

02pBFKm.jpg

yxpgNVo.jpg

• Like 13

1 hour ago, CrazyCrank said:

I'm in awe of your incredible painting skills 👍

Thank you Thierry, you're far too kind, there are skeletons in the closet ,but  I'm  panicking a bit now , with still so much to do and little time  , I'll  spend part of the day on it tommorow,  the oils are drying in front of our log burner atm ,at a safe distance of course ,its got to have its top finish coat at least monday night , still haven't poured any resin in the wheel molds i made, although  I've got a bit of mdf for a base  but still need to cut it to size, and i reckon,wave a magic wand over it 😃,christmas morning approaches! 

Wish me luck i may need it 

Glynn

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Awesome work Glynn , the character is really coming out now with the decals on mate, it looks looks fantastic 

I appreciate that dan,  thankyou

41 minutes ago, srkirad said:

This looks awesome - very realistic weathering, I just can't wait for the finish :)

Great job and skills Hewy!

Cheers,

S.

Cheers s, I'm  hoping it'll  all come together in a couple of days , with only a minor hitch or two,( its to be expected)👍

• Like 1

You're brave putting it near a log burner with all that alcohol on board😉😁 The subtle weathering, especially compared to the real thing which looks a complete rust bucket, does look rather impressive. Can't wait to see it finished.

• Thanks 1

Very very close to not making it,there are skeletons aplenty in the closet,

but for a 4-5 weeks build, its passable from 2.5feet  

Thanks to all who've commented and liked,

the restrained weathering idea went out of the window

Cheers all

5fyhkrk.jpg see 

gYCbjwM.jpg

PpffAvA.jpg

9KrG9Ah.jpg

BBG1abX.jpg

k4f66au.jpg