Su-122-54, OKB Grigorov, 1/72

Silenoz

This is a selfpropelled 122mm gun, based on the T-54A. It was also known as IT-122. Between 1955 and 1957, 77 vehicles were built with some minor differences between production lots (different commander's cupola etc.). The SU-122-54 had a modified chassis, with small spaces between the first, second and fourth pair of wheels and a large gap between the third, similar to the T-62's and a superstructure, built into the hull, housing the 122 mm D-49 L/48.4 gun for which the vehicle carries 35 rounds. The secondary armament consisted of two KPVT heavy machine guns (14.5mm), one mounted as an anti-aircraft machine gun near the commander's hatch and the other mounted coaxially with the main gun. The vehicle carried 600 rounds for the machine guns. The main gun has a fume extractor positioned right behind the muzzle brake, some vehicles did not have the fume extractor. Other variations included a different commander's cupola.

%D0%9C%D1%83%D0%B7%D0%B5%D0%B9_%D0%B2%D0

The boxart:

1194360-41450-75-720.jpg

and the parts:

672960-11032-89.jpg

672961-11032-99.jpg

672963-11032-59.jpg

672962-11032-62.jpg

672959-11032-35.jpg

To me it's a first from this brand, and looking to the parts alone let you marvel about the detail that is visible... Superb casting... Only one "letdown" in my eyes... the engine deck is fully see through, with exquisite grills to match the openings, and no plate is provided, you just need to scratch the engine, or add a black plate behind it... Nothing is provided to give the idea that there is something... so far that is my only rant, so rant modus is over now...

Edited by Silenoz
  • Like 3

I have bought a few sets of tracks from this manufacturer and the castings were very good. When I exchanged e-mails with him about something (bending them to fit I think) he was keen to point out that his parts were not "the cheap and nasty resin from Russia"! This looks very impressive.

Pete

• Thanks 1

Wow!! That does look to be an impressively detailed kit - especially in 1/72!! Really looking forward to seeing this come together. Hopefully you will be able to sort something out with regards the engine deck.

Kind regards,

Brant

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi silenoz. Just checking if you have had chance to do anything on this project? I'm guessing not but I am always hopeful. 🤞

Kind regards,

Stix