1.72 scale scratch built 24 cm Theodor railgun.

bazer

Hi guys in progress my 10 th scratchbuilt and 15 th railgun in my collection , this is a model of the German Theodor Kanone (E).

Three of these were built using plans of w w 1 mountings and barrels from pre-dreadnoughts they were built in 1936 and in service 1937 to 1945,two guns were used during the French campaign.

I have had a number of guys ask for a rundown of the builds so have included a few photos during build, the barrel is turned in aluminium and the wheels are from oo gauge railway stock ...will be glad to answer any other  questions on build.

Model is now waiting for primer before adding figures and a base.

DSCN7631 DSCN7632 DSCN7633 DSCN7634 DSCN7640 DSCN7638 DSCN7636 DSCN7641 DSCN7645 DSCN7646

• Like 11

Excellent scratch building Bazer. The sequence of photos gives the impression that this was done quickly, but I'm guessing that this took quite some time to build. Nice going so far.

John.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Excellent scratch building Bazer. The sequence of photos gives the impression that this was done quickly, but I'm guessing that this took quite some time to build. Nice going so far.

John.

Thanks John

About six weeks.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, vaoinas said:

On the first two photos I was a bit sceptical about this build. But it turns out to be marvellous so far. Very clean and precise.

You really have a great skill of scratch building.

Thanks Vaoinas.

The wheels and under the bogeys are  not seen as I glue  them to a permanent base so don't spend a lot of time on them.