TV Show - For All Mankind

Hi All,

Ive just started watching this show earlier in the week, and im Hooked. Alternative History version of the Space Race? COUNT ME IN!

Looking forwards to seeing what adjusted, improvised, and alternative concepts that they throw up over the course of the series, as well as USSR systems using the N-1.

Trailer for those who havent heard of it below!

- 

A few friends have said it hasnt fared so well with the critics, but from what ive watched so far, im happy with it! Interested to know what you lot think!

Oli

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Just caught up with this- overall I enjoyed it- some good storylines and twists on the actual history- some ropey CGI in early episodes but they get much better later on.  The season 2 teaser includes some Lunar military manoeuvres and what looks to me, like a CGI MiG-21,  complete with a Gsh-23L Gunpod (at around the 46 second mark)

Link below:

Get your filthy hands off my regolith! 

Great show! My wife and I were hooked from the first episode. There are quite a few nods to Battlestar Galactica, especially in the Into the Abyss episode. My wife is diligently watching for Outlander references. 🙂

Ben

It is a great What-If show.

The idea of What-If the Russians were the first to land on the Moon, and not only that, but also weeks later during later Moon landing missions, the Russians also had the first woman on the Moon!

Giving NASA eggs on their faces, forcing them to make an effort in the race to set up a base on the Moon.

It's like watching a live-action What-If model kit!! Many of us tend to try turning our model kits into What-If subject, but to watch a What-If sci-fi show, that's amazing. Good thing I had Apple TV long before Apple TV+ service.

I can't wait for Season 2...!!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/15/2020 at 9:54 AM, Troffa said:

The season 2 teaser includes some Lunar military manoeuvres and what looks to me, like a CGI MiG-21,  complete with a Gsh-23L Gunpod (at around the 46 second mark)

Link below:

Get your filthy hands off my regolith! 

At the risk of being that guy and (ab)using the power of pause button technology I'd suggest that this is an Su-15TM firing an R-98MR. Visible is the (vacant) inboard pylon & rail for an R-60, also visible are the two belly pylon mounted UPK-23-250 gunpods. I have bits of a 1/48 Trumpy Su-15TM all over the lounge table at the moment which is what twigged me to look closer at the clip.

Does the series actually have any material from the Soviet PoV, or is it purely US-centric?

I'd kind go for a series showing N-1 in all its explodey glory finally getting the bugs (well most of 'em) sorted out and popping some Cosmonauts on the Moon, as per the Major's comment above.

• Like 1

The second season hasn't aired yet, but the first was firmly from the US perspective, but the Soviets certainly play their part. As far as the clip above, I shall bow to your superior knowledge of Rooski Types, It's always nice to hear from someone who actually knows this stuff. 🙂 

I enjoyed the series, Have a look at season 1 and see what you think. 

On 10/2/2020 at 2:14 AM, Gazontipede said:

I'd suggest that this is an Su-15TM firing an R-98MR...

,,, at a T-38 doing the 'cobra manoeuvre'.  Definitely science fiction.