POLIKARPOV I- 16 TYP 17

14 hours ago, exdraken said:

Nice!

Good to see the old Hobbycraft kit still being built!

... but that is not a big Russian jet...what happened? ;)

- The screaming monsters will be back soon my friend, I have 3 Su 17/22 family, 3 Fulcrum, a gaggle of Mig 17, a Yak 130 and I expect receiving a Foxbat PU  very soon.....As you can see you will not starved of those big jets, but to relax a bit I spent some time with those historical propeller kites of the past.....

• Like 1

As far as I know the I-16 was not an all-metal plane, but a mixed construction.

They used wooden fuselage and fabric covered wings. The engine cowling and the gun bay covers were metal alloys.

So strange to see metallic scratches in the wingroot and largely on the wings.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Richard Kiss said:

As far as I know the I-16 was not an all-metal plane, but a mixed construction.

They used wooden fuselage and fabric covered wings. The engine cowling and the gun bay covers were metal alloys.

So strange to see metallic scratches in the wingroot and largely on the wings.

- I'm afraid you're right as far as I remember of my lecture the wing structure was metallic fabric covered and the fuselage was wooden, so the metal scratches are inapropriate, I think some mud would have been better. Being a new built kit, it is not too late to rectify this

• Like 1

14 hours ago, exdraken said:

I will wait relaxed the...

Did you finish the T-50 actually in the meantime? Maybe I forgot it or missed it...

:)

- Hi Werner

- The T 50..?.which T- 50....,? Oh YES......I remember it.......I hope my shameful dismise being unnoticed........ No more seriously,  the first time since I'm in the modelling job,  it was in the early sixties,......I gave up the project. (I had never done this in the hundred of kits of all scales I worked on since). I worked on it during 3 or 4 monthes without the results I had expected. The fiber glass material of the main fuselage doesn't lent itself very well to modifications , too hard to work on without an appropriate tooling. I was greatly unsatisfied with the auxillary grilled intakes on the intakes lower and sides surfaces I've tried to modify them using different technics, to match the photos of one of the last prototype. Then I couldn't find the right shape of the main gear doors which had been modified several time and other issues of this kind even if I had succeed in opening the bomb bays adapting F 35 ones which was one of the main feature of my modification. 

- My project to built an Su 57_ T 50 as close as possible to the latest version was too ambitious owing to widely the nature of the kit itself.

I will wait for a more classic injection kit being issued by some  Asian or eastern manufacturers.......