HMS Trafalgar Battle Class destroyer

Well calling this done my take on the old kit from FROG / NOVO   1/ 325 scale with the addition of Atlantic Models PE and replacement forward guns and torpedo tubes from Shapeways.

this is not completely accurate I know there are mistakes the torpedo tubes should be the quadruple launchers and the main range finder is wrong may replace that later but when you think of the age of the original kit the PE and guns do raise the detail levels to a more acceptable level and I have another kit to try and make a better attempt in the future I hope.

So here she is my version of HMS Trafalgar and link to WIP.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And here is a Plug for Name It thanks for putting me onto these @robgizlu Great service and so much better than the kit one.

spacer.png

Beefy

Edited by beefy66
Link added
  • Like 34

Great looking ship and very fine crisp etch detail - love the rigging

The Name it plates are just the business aren't they!

You've become a Warhol-esque factory - Beefy - knocking them out B)

I'm going to have to sleep less;)

Rob

• Thanks 1

On 11/13/2019 at 5:19 PM, Steve27752 said:

Nicely done and I love the sea scape, I doubt anyone but you would notice the inaccuracies.

On 11/13/2019 at 7:08 PM, Courageous said:

I like that. Well done Beefy.

Stuart

On 11/13/2019 at 7:57 PM, robgizlu said:

Great looking ship and very fine crisp etch detail - love the rigging

The Name it plates are just the business aren't they!

You've become a Warhol-esque factory - Beefy - knocking them out B)

I'm going to have to sleep less;)

Rob

Gent's thanks for the kind words

You've become a Warhol-esque factory - Beefy - knocking them out B) cheers Rob wouldn't say I was quite that artistic  :blush:

On 11/13/2019 at 9:45 PM, invidia said:

looks fantastic 

On 11/13/2019 at 10:47 PM, Martian Hale said:

Great job Beefy, especially on such an old kit.

Martian 👽

On 11/14/2019 at 12:57 PM, BeeKay said:

Well done again mate, catch up with you soon on your release from HMP Nissan 😂

On 11/14/2019 at 4:19 AM, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Beefy, you've done a beautiful model of a very good looking ship. You've made me want to reconsider where mine sits in the queue of future planned projects. Regards, Jeff.

On 11/14/2019 at 6:27 PM, MikeR said:

Excellent!

Mike.

2 hours ago, Rob 1 said:

Well done - must have been quite a challenge, but makes an interesting subject, and looks good with top rate finishing.

gent's thanks again for stopping buy and the kind words of encouragement

Beefy

A super build there Keith, I only saw it on my phone the other day, seeing on a decent sized screen on my PC shows it to advantage. The Battles were a most handsome class & your Trafalgar brings that out so well. As an aside, I grew up in Trafalgar St in Nelson, it is riddled with Nelsonian names. :)

Steve.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, longshanks said:

Whoops late to the party . . . .

Congratulations Keith you must be really chuffed with what you've done with the old lady

:clap2:

Kev

Better late than never I am sort of happy but you always think you can do better so hopefully on the next one I can always improve  :coolio:

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

A super build there Keith, I only saw it on my phone the other day, seeing on a decent sized screen on my PC shows it to advantage. The Battles were a most handsome class & your Trafalgar brings that out so well. As an aside, I grew up in Trafalgar St in Nelson, it is riddled with Nelsonian names. :)

Steve.

Well if you are looking with a bigger screen don't look to hard you will see all the mistakes  :yikes:

beefy

• Haha 1

On 11/17/2019 at 7:20 AM, longshanks said:

and if you don't mind me saying. That is why your model making skills have improved so much

On 11/17/2019 at 9:52 AM, Ripaman said:

Lovely job you have done there Beefy, I can see her looking after the convoy  out in the Atlantic :like:

Regards

Richard

Gent's thank you for your support it is greatly appreciated  :blush:

beefy

7 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

Lovely job there Beefy, especially given what you had to start with!

Terry

Cheers Terry thanks for being onboard with the build.

beefy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bugle07 said:

Hi Beefy, that's a fantastic finish on her!

You've brought the old kit to life there, Well done!

Geoff 

Cheers Geoff thanks for all the support along the way 

beefy 

• 1 month later...

Having followed the WIP up to the middle of October when SWMBO and I disappeared off to sunny climes for a month or so and I'm only now catching up with BM posts, I must say you've done a fabulous job with a very aged kit.  She really captures the look of a Battle class, which I always thought were perhaps the most purposeful of all WW2 destroyers beautifully.

Perhaps its just my eyesight which I accept could never pass an annual flying medical anymore, but is that whaler facing aft?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Perhaps its just my eyesight which I accept could never pass an annual flying medical anymore, but is that whaler facing aft?

No Sir I think you would still pass that test good spot I had not notice another of my mistakes but a quick turn around and while doing so found a few bits I had missed the bridge canopy was set to far aft so corrected and the whaler in the correct forward facing position even if a little squew wif now after breaking one of the lines but I think I would end up damaging more now if I tried to fix again so that is it finally  :rage:

Cheers @Chewbacca

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

beefy

• Like 3