Hasegawa newsletters 2020 - 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11 & 12

Homebee

10 hours ago, LUCIANO007 said:

Nothing new as usual.

This is so frustrating for a company that used to be the standard to compare with for all others..

Sad, sad, sad...

This is what they release in a single month. You may not like all the reboxings but some will ( I like that Stratos and the Dinah) and at least with Hasegawa you know most tools will come round on a regular basis (although some seem to take longer than others).

They also release new tools throughout the year, and about the same number as Tamiya, Revell and Airfix, to name a few large companies. And when they do the quality is only bettered by Tamiya.

Price-wise, get them straight from Japan through any number of online sources and you will not pay the crazy amounts they go for here in Europe.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sroubos said:

They also release new tools throughout the year, and about the same number as Tamiya, Revell and Airfix, to name a few large companies. And when they do the quality is only bettered by Tamiya.

That certainly isn't true as far as 1/72 aircraft go, let alone WW2 subjects that form the backbone of most companies outputs.  It's a while since they did any small-scale AQFVs, or indeed any 1/700 warships.  It would be interesting to see that statement justified, but suspect it relies upon cars and Japanese comic creations.  As in the month's releases shown.  I've no idea how many of these are also rereleases, but I suspect several.

16 hours ago, LUCIANO007 said:

Nothing new as usual.

This is so frustrating for a company that used to be the standard to compare with for all others..

Sad, sad, sad...

6 hours ago, sroubos said:

This is what they release in a single month. You may not like all the reboxings but some will ( I like that Stratos and the Dinah) and at least with Hasegawa you know most tools will come round on a regular basis (although some seem to take longer than others).

Price-wise, get them straight from Japan through any number of online sources and you will not pay the crazy amounts they go for here in Europe.

The problem isn't the volume of Hasegawa 'new' releases, it's the fact that they've done virtually nothing that's really new for many years (at least as far as 1/48 aircraft kits go, this being my main interest - I'd struggle to name the last new 1/48 Hasegawa jet). I accept that endless re-releases/re-boxings can be of interest to those who didn't get them first time round, but they're useless to those of us with multiples in the stash already! 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, hopkp said:

The problem isn't the volume of Hasegawa 'new' releases, it's the fact that they've done virtually nothing that's really new for many years (at least as far as 1/48 aircraft kits go, this being my main interest - I'd struggle to name the last new 1/48 Hasegawa jet). I accept that endless re-releases/re-boxings can be of interest to those who didn't get them first time round, but they're useless to those of us with multiples in the stash already! 

1/72 F-35A, first correct F-35B, V-22 Osprey, The retooled H8K Emily, are all fairly new.

For the rest, you are correct, just a bunch of reboxings from ICM.

Or old tools with new decals that can be had from aftermarket producers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

That certainly isn't true as far as 1/72 aircraft go, let alone WW2 subjects that form the backbone of most companies outputs.  It's a while since they did any small-scale AQFVs, or indeed any 1/700 warships.  It would be interesting to see that statement justified, but suspect it relies upon cars and Japanese comic creations.  As in the month's releases shown.  I've no idea how many of these are also rereleases, but I suspect several.

I too would like to see more 1/72 WWII subjects but the point was not 'they make no 1/72 WWII', it was 'nothing new'. The latter statement is simply untrue.

https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?q=hasegawa*&fkSECTION[]=Kits&fkCOMPNAME[]="Hasegawa"&fkORIGIN[]="1"&fkTYPENAME[]="Full kits"&fkYEAR[]="2018"&fkYEAR[]="2017"&fkYEAR[]="2016"&fkYEAR[]="2019"

38 new tools since 2016. How many companies do that? Admittedly, I would prefer it to be more skewed towards WWII 72nd scale planes rather than vehicles and ships but I don't determine what the market in Japan seems to want. Since they make the vast majority of their profit in the home market it's not surprising they are not quite aligned with our more European focus areas. However, I would say it's rather unfair to criticize them for that. Do you criticize a chippy for not selling pizza?

In the end I'm quite grateful for Hasegawa for what they give me. I like the re-releases as well, although I won't pay European prices for them. If you don't like it, leave it on the shelf.

12 hours ago, azzaob said:

A 1/48 A-4E/F Skyhawk re-release is always good news for us Kiwi-modellers :)

Even if it's labeled "F-4E"? ;)

20 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

Where does that Tu-144 originate? As it’s 1/144 rather than their own preferred scal of 1/200.

Trevor

ICM.

Cheers,

Andre

• Thanks 1

I think it's a bit early to be claiming hasegawa are not releasing any new kits with news letter 1 of 2020 but having said that and looking at the new tools of the last few years it does seem that the importers with their crazy prices in europe have somewhat damaged hasegawa's marketability, short terms profits for them have possibly harmed hasegawa's long term viability or range of product they seem to be tooling.

13 hours ago, sroubos said:

Sorry, but I cannot agree. In my scale (1/48) it is years since the last time they release something new. And I mean really new, I am not talking about re-releases (which I agree, are awesome).

5 hours ago, sroubos said:

I too would like to see more 1/72 WWII subjects but the point was not 'they make no 1/72 WWII', it was 'nothing new'. The latter statement is simply untrue.

https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?q=hasegawa*&fkSECTION[]=Kits&fkCOMPNAME[]="Hasegawa"&fkORIGIN[]="1"&fkTYPENAME[]="Full kits"&fkYEAR[]="2018"&fkYEAR[]="2017"&fkYEAR[]="2016"&fkYEAR[]="2019"

38 new tools since 2016. How many companies do that?

..and if you try to add a filter for 1/48, there is none! Why? Because for all those years they have not released a single new kit!

Edited by LUCIANO007