Hasegawa newsletters 2020 - 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11 & 12

Homebee

14 hours ago, Homebee said:

The Hasegawa news for November 2020

Source: http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/month/202011/

The Hasegawa news for December 2020

Source: http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/month/202012/

V.P.

Ar this point Hasegawa is starting to resemble Craggy Island's own Father Jack, in that it seems to sleep a lot and shouts 'girls' more often than appropriate...

Jay

• Haha 3

On 9/8/2020 at 2:28 AM, Web99 said:

I’m happy with that skyline as the the tamiya one is starting to show it’s age, hopefully it also means they’ll do a nismo R-tune version of the R34 or something. 

Even though I follow Touge, drift and JDM related channels on Youtube the available 1/24 kits for nearly everything are a big miss and a big mess.

For the BNR32 of any kind but possibly #1 type Fujimi offering is the same kit, with the same chassis over and over again.

Race kits do contain a newer interior and a common rollbar system, rim types to vary and sometimes the picture outside the box shows Volk Racing rims but instead you will find common R32 type rims.

There are two type of common kits, one with the basic bumper, one with another bumper and some extra parts, any kit labelled with a GT-Wing or Carbon Whatever mostly contains what Fujimi already offer or offered you in the past so they are worth spending some extra bucks only if you are a collector or after certain decal options

Tuned kits for what I have seen the Veilside either contains white metal or resin parts, lots of flash, lots of meh, the BNR32 with widened body just contains parts taken from Fujimi box that contains different wide body parts for three or more other cars, still you are in the need of wide Watanabe rims and some extra spacers, do not waste money hunting them down as the conversion kit when it's on stock it will cost you around 13€+ shipping

Type #1 kit probably contains R31 body but I'm not sure, I didn't save pictures from every auction I saw

Lower body from whatever kit comes from a Fujimi FD3S

Aoshima kits have engine parts, sadly they made lots of tuned cars and I'm having problems tracking everything down as Hobby Search doesn't have pictures for the whole pack, Initial-D kit seems to be nice enough, I'm not very fond of the R32 so outside the two Wangan Midnight cars, Initial D, Wide Koenigs-like thing and a car from the real Mid Night Racing Club I'm not planning to waste too much money on them :D

I still have to buy Tamiya R32 but since there is only one model and my kit research is halted I'll probably skip it

If you need help decrypting Fujimi BCNR33 kits contents say so and I will make a nice blog post on the car forum, as for BNR34, sorry but I don't like them at all :P

Luigi

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
On 7/8/2020 at 2:23 PM, Giorgio N said:

The fact that every "limited edition" kit from Hasegawa sells pretty fast and that their standard editions are constantly available seem to be an indication that Hasegawa still keeps selling their kits without too many problems

Regarding quality or being "state of the art", some of their 1/72 kits are still the best around: F-104, F-111, Skyraider, Draken, F-86D, MC.202.. only to name a few that I know from experience. None is maybe to the level of what some other manufacturers have been doing recently in terms of detail level, however when it comes to mould finesse Hasegawa's 20-30 year old kits still beat most other brands, inc luding many of the newcomers.

In any case the Japanese market has always been the most important for Hasegawa by a wide margin (something like 90% of the whole production), and the Japanese market wants sci-fi and anime much more than all other types of models put together. If this is where the money is, it makes sense to them to follow this market sector (that is something I vaguely remember having already written a few times before...)

I just wish Hasegawa would re-release the Macchi 205 1/48 Veltro ..

it’s well overdue for a new release .

I regard theSurface details on that model one of their very finest .

26 minutes ago, 73north said:

This kit is currently available under the Italeri label, as they are simply reboxing the Hasegawa kit.

Italeri's 1/72 kit on the other hand is their own.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, 73north said:

Italeri still offers the kit with superb decal sheet

https://www.italeri.com/en/product/2587

Unlike Folgore, Veltro is a mix of different series and coupled with some other omissions means that essentially you cannot get proper Velcro

from Hasegawa kit. But if you can live with its shortcomings, kit is very nice.

Edited by Thomas V.
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Thomas V. said:

Unlike Folgore, Veltro is a mix of different series and coupled with some other omissions means that essentially you cannot get proper Velcro

Having this kit in the stash I can say that the decals are amazing and alone worth the price

On 4/25/2021 at 10:34 PM, Thomas V. said:

The kit also unfortunately suffers from an inaccurate fuselage. Not something immediately noticeable, but when compared with the drawings in the Ali d'Italia book the lack of length and the difference in certain cross sections is clear.

Still a nice kit though and good to know that Italeri added a good decal sheet, their track record in this aspect is patchy.