Hasegawa newsletters 2020 - 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11 & 12

Homebee

21 hours ago, Stephen said:

I expect that the next re-release of the V-22 kit will be for the CMV-22 as the first have been delivered to Pax River and it's quite a simple scheme.

Japan market first. Two first JGSDF Osprey were delivered to Kisarazu AB on 10th and 16th July 2020.

https://flyteam.jp/news/article/126529

v22-jgsdf.jpg

V.P.

> what are different from the other two?

According to Google Translate:

"The base cover of the water gun is set with new plastic parts."

spacer.png

"The exterior parts of the water tank in the center of the vehicle body are selectable in two shapes."

spacer.png

spacer.png

Also:

> Only decals?

"Reproduce the chemical fire engine operated by the Civil Aviation Bureau of the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism!"

Not "only decals". But also decals - civvie rather than mil.

Jonathan.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Creepy Pete said:

Why would it be a new 1/48 aircraft kit, @occa?

I am just guessing into the blue, but the last new tool was the 1/72 Emily so for the change I thought the next could be a 1/48.

Ah, right. TBH, I think it could be anything, they have such a diverse catalogue these days. Maybe it's a new forklift to add to their construction equipment range (yay!), or some anime related stuff, or a new 1980 Japanese car model, or maybe even an aircraft. The artwork they use for the announcement has a F-104 in the background with a character from an anime called Gārī Ea Fōsu (Girly Air Force). Maybe it's related to that. (I had to look that show up, btw :D )

I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Haha 1

so some 48th re-releases... same old standard decal options only it seems!

F-104J

F-2A

T-4

looks a ll a but Japan focused to me!

I am not familiar with the D3A1, so no idea what that exactly is, labeled as new nontheless.... and the BF109E4 with figure.... ;)

While we lament their not releasing anything truly new, their business model must work because they continue re-releasing kits and don't appear to be losing any money in the process. Like others, I really would like to see something truly new.

Well, that Nissan Skyline and the Toyota Supra both are new tools, it seems.

Hasegawa just isn't that airplane focused anymore. If you go to Japanese webshops like HLJ or 1999.co.jp for instance, you will see there's a huge selection of anime related stuff. The same goes for Japanese car models. Airplane models are a lot more limited when it comes to variation. I think it's a pretty good move by Hasegawa to shift their focus on the home market.

3 hours ago, exdraken said:

I am not familiar with the D3A1, so no idea what that exactly is

Aichi D3A1 'Val'. IJNAF dive bomber. 
Which is actually interesting, as I remember Airfix and Fujimi having done that one (1/72), and a loooooooooooooooooooooong time ago.

The CyberHobby one is more recent but is 40€ or so.

• Thanks 1

Hasegawa have quite clearly decided to concentrate on their home market which must make sense to them. I can understand that people are disappointed by this, my guess is that with Tamiya being so strong as a worldwide brand it is a good option. Looking at images from the big Japanese trade show, the hobby there works along different lines to what we think of as 'normal' in Europe.