F/16C block 25 VIPER (Tamiya 1/48)

1 hour ago, gregax said:

Well, this is a mistake, but i guess only a couple of experts would be aware of. I hope you won't be a judge judging this model in a near future :D

Sorry, I fear that I've upset you.  I'm not bashing you or this model at all, I'm in awe of your skill!  I guess that it is unfortunate for you that I'm a huge F-16 fan and it's basically all that I build, so I noticed it :D

5 hours ago, planehazza said:

Sorry, I fear that I've upset you.  I'm not bashing you or this model at all, I'm in awe of your skill!  I guess that it is unfortunate for you that I'm a huge F-16 fan and it's basically all that I build, so I noticed it :D

Not at all! It's always good to get a comment from an expert. And i actually found that missing tail antenna. 

9 minutes ago, Omak said:

very nice build ! at that times she was called FALCON, not VIPER, only recent Block70 are called like that.

Thanks! Didn't know about this either!

11 hours ago, gregax said:

Not at all! It's always good to get a comment from an expert. And i actually found that missing tail antenna. 

Thanks! Didn't know about this either!

Oh no. I'm far from an expert, it's just my favourite jet. 

11 hours ago, Omak said:

very nice build ! at that times she was called FALCON, not VIPER, only recent Block70 are called like that.

Officially, yes. The new F-16V blk70 was given the V designation due to the nickname Viper. As far as I know, the F-16 has always been the Fighting Falcon, but has be affectionately known as the Viper by pilots and crews.  

Similarly, the F/A-18C Hornet is often referred to as the Bug.

Edited by planehazza
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, madcat911 said:

That’s a nice build. Where did you get the wingtip Sidewinders from though? They seems to be Vietnam-era AIM-9Bs instead of L/Ms that would have been normally carried. 

Mark

From brassin range of missiles. It says that they are 9M's on the packaging.... Don't tell me this are wrong. I'm not touching this kit anymore...