F/16C block 25 VIPER (Tamiya 1/48)

Hello,

it has been a long time since my last post on this great forum, but life is sometimes just too hectic to build models. But I've managed to finish this one off in under 7 months.

Tamiya F-16C block 25/32 kit, with some extras: Aires F-16C/D wheel bays 4439, F-16C  cockpit set 4364 and F-16c block 25/32 exhaust nozzle. Wheels are resin ones from wheeliant,

armament and bombs are brassin items. I added Master pitot tube and angle of attack probes and HGW RBF tags. Model was painted with MRPaint colors, weathered with ammo products.

Enough blabbering, here are the photos. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 45
  • Thanks 1

Looking very very good. I see you've fallen victim to the F-16 tail antenna too :D I don't think I've ever seen a 1/48 Viper that hasn't had that spike snapped off during the build :D

Have you got any close ups of the HUD? The frame looks different to anything I've seen before.

13 hours ago, planehazza said:

Looking very very good. I see you've fallen victim to the F-16 tail antenna too :D I don't think I've ever seen a 1/48 Viper that hasn't had that spike snapped off during the build :D

Have you got any close ups of the HUD? The frame looks different to anything I've seen before.

Thanks for poiting that missing antenna. Will fix that. As far as HUD goes, I didn't have the right PE HUD, so  was forced to make it from scratch - so i guess it is not 100% correct, but I couldn't do it any better.

5 hours ago, gregax said:

Thanks for poiting that missing antenna. Will fix that. As far as HUD goes, I didn't have the right PE HUD, so  was forced to make it from scratch - so i guess it is not 100% correct, but I couldn't do it any better.

Please don't take it as a criticism, it's just something I find amusing, as I fear 99% of F-16 builds end up with that antenna being damaged at some point :D  All of mine have.  I think the issue with the HUD frame is that it might be backwards.  Still though, it's an amazing build, so be proud! :)

33 minutes ago, planehazza said:

I think the issue with the HUD frame is that it might be backwards. 

Well, this is a mistake, but i guess only a couple of experts would be aware of. I hope you won't be a judge judging this model in a near future :D