1/100 Bandai MG Sazabi ver.Ka and Hi-Nu ver.Ka

In the Dark...

9xBOZzh.png

This is a collaboration project between myself and Ben Winter-Giles (@bengunstagram on IG). Titled "In the Dark...", it tells of our ideas, efforts and creativity come to life, when no one's looking, Toy Story style.

The build took just over four months and is designed to be of two parts, with each to be kept by the respective modeller but able to be re-united for competitions and displays. Each an epic display in its own right but together they tell the story of how two artists, from different genres, with different styles, utilising different techniques, and possessed of different philosophies towards model making, come together to craft something bigger than themselves.

The build features a 1/100 Bandai Master Grade Sazabi ver.Ka and Hi-Nu ver.Ka:
The Sazabi (christened "Suzie-B" by her creator) features custom paint, AnchoreT propellant tanks and funnel pods, with a Mechanicore Quad Gatling gun set. 
The Hi-Nu (callsign "Thumper") features heavy modifications to achieve a levitating effect, and a full THE-51 resin conversion kit with photoetch, and two customised resin handguns.
Both feature custom made decals to tell a Cold War, Soviet Russia vs U.S.A story.

Our project was completed in time for its public debut at the Australian Capital Territory's ScaleACT-2019 expo and competition. A reveal video was also made to commemorate its public unveiling:

Ben and I hope you enjoy the following pics.

9Ht9kxY.jpg

tqsEH7y.jpg

Nt4ycDr.jpg

YSR6mPG.jpg

md4ZJHA.jpg

NbQYthU.jpg

pdBkke6.jpg

5Rjc3a2.jpg

BxqcfjW.jpg

R3jrakf.jpg

wOfLrdp.jpg

ryBIWeF.jpg