A menagerie of 1:72 quickies

Greetings all!

Ive decided to dig out my collection of various 1:72 kits that I have completed over the last few months. While non are really worthy of their own RFI im quite happy with most to show them off, so here they are!

First up is an Esci (later Italeri) Sea Harrier, built straight OOB with the exception of a Quickboost seat. She represents 801 NAS on their way to the Falklands. Paints are from Model Master and kit decals were used. I did attempt to make some blanks for the intakes, not great but will do! I also cut out the intake auxiliary doors and droop the upper ones to look more realistic. A nice kit to build and one of the better versions of a Sea Harrier.

20191111_143029

20191111_143039

20191111_143013

Next is another Sea Harrier, this time a T4. The base for this kit is a Heritage resin kit. This is quite nicely molded albeit a little weak, but it became apparent that the main parts like the wing and centre fuselage was very (very!) similar to the Esci/Italeri kit. So much so that I could use them instead of the resin, so below is an 899 NAS anniversary T4. The very front and rear are the original resin and everything else is an Italeri kit. Again I did the auxiliary doors, the Heritage kit does come with some nice metal seats but other than that the cockpit is quite bare and poorly molded. There was a lot of whittling down to get the front and centre to line up nicely which meant losing the intake area so this was also blank off (poorly!). The worse part of the kit is the canopy. Here it is loosely fitted waiting for some enthusiasm to do something better. Its a vac canopy but vac canopies and me don't really mix well! The decals are from the Heritage kit and are slightly out of register (check out the roundals), I not sure if this aircraft ever wore the black scheme with the anniversary tail but I'm calling artistic license on this one!

20191111_143220

20191111_143207

Here we have an Antonov Colt by Trumpeter. I painted it in Model Master Acrylics with kit decals. I saw this kit at a model show for only $9 which a thought was a bargain but in the end it just really annoyed me! It started off well enough, but the canopy to fuselage fitment is poor, the tail planes just would not want to stick to the fuselage, the wing struts were crap and boxy and finally the undercarriage was ropey as hell. Apart from that it was a nice build! Any way I percervered and finally finished it. Definitely not worth rigging it, in fact not even worth putting yellow tips on the props lol!

20191111_143249

20191111_143259

20191111_143307

Next we have a Hasegawa Thunderbolt. This was a quick build or would have been a quick build if I didn't lose the prop! I found it six weeks later next to the scrubbing sink and not the floor I spent my hands and knees on looking for it. I also found a nice stand for it so decided to go for a wheels up flyer.

20191111_143329

20191111_143346

20191111_143337

The penultimate kit is the new Airfix Defiant. This was a panic buy as I was going to leave my LHS empty handed on Saturday (which we all know is against the law) and nothing was doing it for me so I just plumped for this. I managed to smash it out with in a week which is very quick for me (my quick build Seaking took 3 months!). It just seemed to fall together nicely, very nicely indeed. Straight OOB, again Model Master acrylics

20191111_143408

20191111_143418

20191111_143427

20191111_143438

Finally we have a Hasegawa Jaguar Trainer. This is a very nice if slightly old kit. Really enjoyed this one but screwed up with the ballast. Its very loose and if im not careful little lead balls get stuck in the canopy!

20191111_143541

20191111_143528

20191111_143558

20191111_143620

Thanks for looking in!

Cheers now

Bob

Edited by moaning dolphin
Hamfisted sausage fingers!
  • Like 29

A very fine array of builds, in my favourite scale.  🙂

Had you posted separately, they would still earn high praise in my view.

Your completion rate is to be admired too, but still resulting in some nice models.

Well done!

:goodjob:

• Like 1

Thanks for all the positive encouragement! Glad you like them!

4 hours ago, Hairtrigger said:

I especially like the Thunderbolt did you use magnets on the stand and fusalage? 

No for this one I used a stand that had a hook on it like the Airfix ones of old and cut an appropriate slot in the underside of the fuselage as a permanent attachment. I think the stand was left over from a Zvesda A320.

3 hours ago, junglierating said:

Ah dripping submariner All good stuff shippers....

My profile name stems from the time I was a grumpy young Woo on 820! many years ago. It seemed amusing at the time but has started to wane in humour a lot since...….. and even more so after you've pointed out it can be confused for our unwashed* brethren as well :rofl:

Bob

*Slur used in good heart and respect for our Lords of the Deep 😉

Edited by moaning dolphin

1 hour ago, junglierating said:

That's disgusting 820 ...you play ball and stuff the bat up........squadron.Clear the deck for 801 now get out the way....such fun watching you lot roundabout like headless chickens ...still got your own back sat on two spot whilst I was of watch in 2G4

Never did like General Service Carriers, far too busy and regimented. Not like the gentle refinement of Her Majesties Royal Fleet Auxilliary, no over engineered hoovers on there! And what is with the Sea Harriers "On Board Low Power Ground Run Microswitch" about? Every time they start up for a long winded, whiny LP ground run on the flight deck the Hangar lift would lower and channel the acoustics through out the ship! Damned annoying😂

2 hours ago, moaning dolphin said:

Never did like General Service Carriers, far too busy and regimented. Not like the gentle refinement of Her Majesties Royal Fleet Auxilliary, no over engineered hoovers on there! And what is with the Sea Harriers "On Board Low Power Ground Run Microswitch" about? Every time they start up for a long winded, whiny LP ground run on the flight deck the Hangar lift would lower and channel the acoustics through out the ship! Damned annoying😂

Love Fort boats....bar ,cheese fridge lol and it's very own all weather running track ...short walk to work only way to cruise 🤭

• Like 1