Trumpeter 1/35 Panzer 38t

One i made last year ,don't know if i have posted it before .First time with using Link and Length tracks ,very nice kit.Very interested in all the other vehicles the Germans based on the chassis ,got three Tamiya on the bench at the moment .spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 10

Just a few things ,anyone tell me what that thing is on the front the thing with the eye on it ,also didn't  do much weathering on it .

Forgot to paint the return rollers black ,and i put the hull machine gun on upside down ,managed to put that right without too much trouble 

On 11/12/2019 at 5:04 PM, cocky05d said:

Just a few things ,anyone tell me what that thing is on the front the thing with the eye on it ,also didn't  do much weathering on it .

Forgot to paint the return rollers black ,and i put the hull machine gun on upside down ,managed to put that right without too much trouble 

If you mean the short post with a ring on the top, I believe it is a device to aid sighting the hull machine gun by the driver. It could be folded down if not required and if you look at pictures of command vehicles without a hull machine gun then the post is not there at all. 

I have a bit of a thing for the 38(t) and all the various variants built on the chassis, probably could call it an obsession!!

Hi ,thanks for the replies ,a sighting aid ,i had a feeling it was that ,but it not in front of the MG .I too have an thing for the 38(t) and the various things built on it .

In an earlier post i said i had three on the go ,turns out one is a Wespe ,the other two are Marders .Also have the Italeri and the Alan Gespard ,i am going to build side by side ,the Alan kit 

seems to be missing stages in the instructions ,going to compare them as i build .

A few others in the stash .

• 3 weeks later...