Stahltaube

ruth

Hallo again

Now I finished my Stahltaube from WNW. Actually it was not an easy kit. My first small fault was a front bulkhead, which was misaligned. Here I had to do some restoration work at the front part of the fuselage. Well, after this my next challenge was the filling process. I usually worked with Surfacer. Here, it did not work at all. So I went on with super glue, as my husband told me to try. This worked perfect. So, after all this, the paint job was next. Here I was in the wonderful situation, to have close examined a replica of the Etrich Taube, some years ago. So I could adapt some ideas for coloring the wings. Well, after a long nerving battle, the Taube I finished yesterday.

Happy modellingspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 32

Very nice! I have one of these on the go. Do you have any references for the fuel line routings? All I can find is the one line out of the gravity tank dissapearing into the fuselage, the kit fuel filter in the cockpit, and the carbs on the engine, but no indication of fuel line routings.

Very nice one, and what a tempting subject that is.

I'm thinking about going for this one as well, as I do have a crush on those early "Flugapparate", and the strange subject of Austrian aviation in special. Also, the Taube has a very interesting story. That I live quite close to the TMW and just can jump over for checking some details helps as well, of course. 😉

But then again; the rigging! The tiny bitsies! I'm getting to old for this!

But let's see., maybe once Mr. Jackson decides to offer an Etrich Taube, then there is no more stopping me! 😄

Grüße aus Penzing, G.