Air NZ 747-8i 1/144scale Revell

Abandoned Project

So here is my backstory...

In 2013 as Air NZ replaced their 747-400s with 777-300ERs they found themselves being offered by Boeing a 747-8i from a cancelled order as a quick replacement for one of the delayed 777s on order due to the demand for 777s by different airlines world wide. The decision to buy with the option to swap the 747-8i for the 777-300ER originally ordered was offered and Air NZ said yes. So Air NZ only 747-8i with the registration ZK-AOK in the black livery has been flying for many years.

And here is AOK so far...spacer.png...first the cockpit

then the fuselage

spacer.png and now I'm working on the enginesspacer.png

I'm currently waiting for paint to dry on the wings so hopefully soon it will start looking like a plane.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Abandoned Project said:

So here is my backstory...

In 2013 as Air NZ replaced their 747-400s with 777-300ERs they found themselves being offered by Boeing a 747-8i as a quick replacement for one of the 777s on order due to the demand for 777s by different airlines world wide. The decision to buy with the option to swap the 747-8i for the 777-300ER originally ordered was offered and Air NZ said yes. So Air NZ only 747-8i with the registration TK-AOK in the black livery has been flying for many years.

Surely you mean ZK -AOK.   Look forward to seeing the end result however.

• Thanks 1

I've learned 2 things the hard way.

1. Never spray paint the inside of an airliner, as you will more create work for yourself.

2. Never start working on a model at half three in the morning while suffering from insomnia, as you start a second and create more work for yourself.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Yep, couldn't help myself starting on the Palair Macedonian il-86.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

the plan is to paint the engine nacelles inside and out due to the outside being gloss black and the fan duct consisting of the front ring the two halves of the nacelle inside the ring and fan housing, and then add the painted fans afterward (what could possibly go wrong? don't you dare say anything!) so far … so good....

e583172a-de54-406d-90b3-25303471998e.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

so far the hot sections and the pylons are painted

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

I have one of these in the stash, (started) but have nit been able to decide on a livery.

I am the wrong man to ask what livery to go for! ;)

Surely there is only one option for you?...Qantas?....a bit of a Whif, I know but?

19 hours ago, Abandoned Project said:

I am the wrong man to ask what livery to go for! ;)

Surely there is only one option for you?...Qantas?....a bit of a Whif, I know but?

I have already done a 747-8f QANTAS Whif.

36440075990_8128ab87a9_b.jpg

• Like 3