North American P-51D Mustang

So this was my other project to get me back into modelling after a short break. I purchased this one from Aldi last Christmas but it came with the wrong decals, I did contact Airfix and to be fair they did send out the correct decals.

This is my tribute to the Tuskegee airmen ( I love that film), I don't know whether this is a re-tool but as with my previous Mustang it went  together like a dream.  I had two problems with both builds, having completed both builds I gave both models a couple of coats of Pledge multi surface polish and then airbrushed Tamiya Matt to the Spitfire and Semi Gloss to the Mustang and both models had what I can only call a white bloom all over them, having sorted out that problem I then varnished using Galeria and had no problems, I will never use the Tamiya varnish again! The other problems I  encountered was with the canopies, normally I use PVA but this time I used Tamaya thin and it wicked upwards, that's a mistake I won't make again.

Anyway, here it is, as usual all comments and critisisms  are welcome.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking.

• Like 16

A great result - I do like the in-flight look (even though my builds are all gear-down).

This is another kit I have waiting in the stash - a purchase also inspired by the same movie!.

👍👍