Revell 68 Dodge Charger

I recently received a few comments telling me to photograph my finished builds against a neutral background so with my last build I did. The difference is huge with the emphasis on the build and not the workbench. I suggest you give it a go with your next finished build it's definitely worth it. Great work all round but particularly the engine bay the details look fab. Look forward to seeing your next finished kit.

Regards Andy

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Looks great! Just a thought, but you might want to cut the rear deck stripe decals where they go over the edges of the boot lid (trunk lid)... it's supposed to open, after all! 😜

best,

M.

hahahaha,  good point - well noticed!!

33 minutes ago, Northern Dan said:

That's great. I'm nearly bought this as my second build. How did you find it - is it a good kit? 

Hi there

I really enjoyed building this one, i still struggle with getting a nice paint finish on the body

it goes together really well though, i thought the Chrome wheels looked really nice

not too complex to build - i would give it a go!

Cheers

Andy

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, andmarsh said:

Hi there

I really enjoyed building this one, i still struggle with getting a nice paint finish on the body

it goes together really well though, i thought the Chrome wheels looked really nice

Cheers

Andy

Try using the Tamiya TS laquer paints out of the can they give a nice finish without the need for a clear coat. Just spray thin coats and build up the colour slowly. Be sure to use in a well ventilated space though and wear a mask as the fumes are quite potent !

9 hours ago, andmarsh said:

Hi there

Cheers

Andy

One thing which definitely wasn't working in your favour on the paint score was painting it black - as a colour it's notorious for showing up every little imperfection. Done perfectly, it can look amazing, but I think there are few who would deny it's so difficult to get that perfection so this isn't something to be hard on yourself about. What may be worth looking into is the Micromesh pads (better than the sheets in my opinion), ideally 6000, 8000 then 12,000 grit as with a bit of practive you can get rid of a lot of the orange peel, although be prepared to burn through the paint on the first few attempts!

I'd also second the advice to photograph it against a plain background - you've done some good work so it makes sense to show it off.

17 hours ago, Spiny said:

One thing which definitely wasn't working in your favour on the paint score was painting it black - as a colour it's notorious for showing up every little imperfection. Done perfectly, it can look amazing, but I think there are few who would deny it's so difficult to get that perfection so this isn't something to be hard on yourself about. What may be worth looking into is the Micromesh pads (better than the sheets in my opinion), ideally 6000, 8000 then 12,000 grit as with a bit of practive you can get rid of a lot of the orange peel, although be prepared to burn through the paint on the first few attempts!

I'd also second the advice to photograph it against a plain background - you've done some good work so it makes sense to show it off.

thanks!!  good advice, i agree on the photography - im going to try that out

cheers