This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

woody37

Belcher Bits UK supplier?

Does anyone know where to get their stuff from? Myself and @general melchett was speaking to him at Telford but his website links to 4 UK suppliers, only 1 of which now exists - Relish models, this has the biggest list of things that aren't in stock that I've ever come across!

I wouldn't mind getting hold of some of the SBC's in 1/48 & 1/72 but buying from them isn't easy. If I'd of known this at Telford, I would of given him this feedback there.

Thanks

Neil

Why not just order direct?  He accepts PayPal.

I have bought from Relish Models before , let them know what you are looking for and see if they can include it in their next order from Belcher , worked for me and the items arrived quickly.

13 minutes ago, RJP said:

Why not just order direct?  He accepts PayPal.

post from Canada is expensive, and potentially getting hit by customs and post charges. 

It's possible to cost it out and then decide once you know what you are talking about. 

He suggests a PayPal invoice and that ought to capture most of it.  What HM government might nick you at the other end ought to be available online somewhere?  The exchange rate can also be taken into account before committing.  

An added bonus, the standard Canadian 18-month winter hasn't begun yet so there are no added snowshoe fees.  

30 minutes ago, Des said:

I have bought from Relish Models before , let them know what you are looking for and see if they can include it in their next order from Belcher , worked for me and the items arrived quickly.

Some items say due in stock soon, others just 'not in stock'. I'll drop them a mail, thanks

29 minutes ago, Troy Smith said:

post from Canada is expensive, and potentially getting hit by customs and post charges. 

Yes, I'd much rather buy from UK if possible, I didn't know they did paypal, it mentions cheque when I checked their site so will have another look if its the only option

11 hours ago, RJP said:

An added bonus, the standard Canadian 18-month winter hasn't begun yet so there are no added snowshoe fees.  

Ha ha.  I'm listening to snowplows as I type.  Not much snow, but the deceptively mild October is now officially over!  (They also shut ALL the doors and changed the water hoses over to the heated ones in the horse barn yesterday.)

Sounds like Relish Models might be the British version of Squadron.

18 hours ago, RJP said:

Not much snow up here yet, but some places across Canada have been hit a bit hard. Ours is coming! It's already gotten down to -18C . Soon enough, that will be a warm day.

Chris

5 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

Not much snow up here yet, but some places across Canada have been hit a bit hard. Ours is coming! It's already gotten down to -18C . Soon enough, that will be a warm day.

Chris

Yeah, I'm in T.O.  I am glad to say the big storm here fizzled a bit, only a few inches and it's all supposed to melt in a few days.  Of course, I'm retired and we didn't have to go out.  The world is a warm and friendly place when that happens.  I just curled up with a book and a big mug of cocoa

But we big city dwellers don't do bad storms well, at least early in the season, and I'm glad we got in a bit of spring training!

On 11/11/2019 at 5:44 PM, RJP said:

Oh yes it has! Just got home to Ottawa from Telford last night, and we had 6" of snow on the ground waiting for us!

3 hours ago, belcherbits said:

Oh yes it has! Just got home to Ottawa from Telford last night, and we had 6" of snow on the ground waiting for us!

Welcome home to another great Canadian winter!

Chris

For all you Canadians;

giphy.gif

BTW Had a chance to chat to Mike Belcher at SMW and he is a true Gent

Julien