Hi To All BritModellers!

Kushan_Farsight

Hi All,

Ive been a long time lurker on this site, often frequenting for more than a decade! Between this website and Hyperscale, i always would find someone blowing my mind as to the level of detail achievable in scale models, and the level of dedication and exhaustive information gathering many members would commit to before even taking a part off the sprue!

Last year a Ukrainian friend of mine who remembered i was into model kits as a kid brought back from his hometown a really old Italeri LA-5 in 1/72 and over a couple of weekends i really had a blast doing that. Went back to the parents house to find my stash of 1 or 2 kits in the loft was actually much bigger than i thought,filled the car boot, and so slowly i have been coming back to the hobby! My old airbrush was terminally corroded through, so i think that will be the next thing to buy on my list, as for now everything is going to be attacked with the hairy brush!

Professionally i work with 3D Printers and i think, as have many others on here, that they really have the ability to reshape the model industry. Personally i think we will stay using injection molded kits for a fair while, but for the aftermarket scene, definitely can see these becoming de-facto route to manufacture.  With Cosford only just down the road, im sure there are a number of bits you could 3d scan with a handheld scanner and make into very interesting aftermarket kit parts! 

Anyways, Look forwards to interacting on the forum, getting that modelling bug back into full swing, and possibly even a build log or two on the go! 

Cheers,

Oli - Kushan_Farsight.

• Like 2

Welcome to the site! I think you're correct about the 3-D printing. One thing I'm noticing is that a lot of injection-moulded kits show signs of at some point being printed out with a 3-D printer - the thin lines are a giveaway. You don't see these on the outsides of parts, but on the inner, hidden areas.

Best Regards,

Jason