1/48 Revell (Monogram) B-58A Hustler plus goodies!

Icarus

Good work on the cockpit, too bad that’s the only crew station included with the kit. But, you’re right about how little will be visible after all’s buttoned up. I spent many, many hours on my 1/72 Hustler’s crew stations, most of my work there is now hidden. 

This image issue is irking me.  I can see the images on a (non-logged in iPad), but not on my phone.  It seems others on the thread are seeing the cockpit images.

Al - could you let me know if you can see the image via the link below?

spacer.png

Edited by Icarus

So the image issues continue.  No idea why - have done nothing different in this thread compared to the others.

Anyway, have now attached the cockpit into the base of the cockpit.  A trial fit with the rest of the fuselage has proved...interesting.  I have therefore nor glued the ejection capsule in - I anticipate some "fettling" going on later, so wanted to incorporate maximum "wiggle room".

Note the wonderful detail in the wheel well - truly an "oldie but goody" kit....

spacer.png

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Xj1scx1LNTZqPGxS8

spacer.png

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gcKrRJU2wUaVbU4u9

Icarus

Edited by Icarus

Thank you Al - clearly there has been some sort of update with our friends from ooooogle, as this has never been an issue before.

I have moved the images above to a shared album, then updated the URLs.  Hopefully this will now work - it does so on my phone...

Icarus

Edited by Icarus

I am able to see post #32 and when it was new yesterday post #33. These two in post #35 no good just flashing grey boxes. I feel for you as it must be very frustrating that you can see them but no one else can see them. Well at least not all of them. The photo in post #32 that i can see has a very long link as well and i can see the same photo by following the link. I wonder if you need to post that type of link with every photo to get it to work properly ? 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

So, there is no logic to this.  I will keep on generating a shared album with URLs, and also a separate link, and have a think...

Thank you Kushan - these were the original kit parts.  In a previous career I was a surgeon, so have some loupes that helped me see what I'm painting.

Icarus

Google photos is the issue. I believe it's to do with the little fact that the links expire after a set time (60 minutes?) If they're still visible when you revisit the thread, that's because the images are stored in your device's cache. The only solution that I know of is to move all your photos to a proper hosting service. Which may mean having to spend a little coin of the realm (Although my free Flickr account is going just fine thus far.)

• Like 1

I've been using Imgur since the Photob%*&^* debacle, but I haven't done it enough yet to find it a smooth process.  I do wish that Britmodeller could find "a better way". 

One of my boyhood modeling chums (still a best friend) had this kit, and it is very appealing, but the expanses of bare metal are enough to keep me away!

• 3 weeks later...