VC10

Roland Pulfrew

Finally!  A 1/72 VC10 😀  Also on HLJ

Anyone had any experience of Mach2 models?

One worrying thing so far:  The model listed as "Vickers VC10 K2 Low Viz" has markings for XV107/X, which makes it a C1K not a K2 and, if memory serves correct, there are quite a few differences between the C1/C1K (VC10 hybrid) and the K2 (a standard).  Then again, the box art shows the centreline HDU, which would make it a K2......!

Still its a 1/72 VC10, so I might still be able to complete my flying career in 1/72.

The K2 (camouflaged) at Telford had a C1 wing, same for the BOAC one I think.

Sadly the nose profile is all wrong with a stepped windscreen (looks much like a Tristar profile) rather than the smooth transition from the roof/windscreen to radome. It was enough to put me off.

I agree, I'm part way through a Mach2 RB-57F. Be prepared for work but, if you do it right then you will be rewarded. I've done a lot of test fitting, adjustment and filling of joins and surface blemishes but I feel happy with it so far except I made a lousy job of painting the cockpit.

I've always fancied having a 1/72 VC-10, and in the past have contemplated buying the Airways vacform and later the Magna resin kits...

...I'm no VC-10 expert, but my immediate reaction on seeing the Mach 2 model's photos in the Telford 2019 thread was that the nose looks wrong...