FERRARI F40 Concept car (pocher 1/8)

mirage

This is hugely impressive amount of work to undertake on a model like this! I know from personal experience just how hard it is to cut one of these things up just to do small things on the body; let alone the amount of surgery you have done. I wouldn't know where to begin on modifying the bodywork to match the drawing. As you have progressed beyond the rough molding process to now using the spray on putty and smoothing out the front end it's really starting to look like the artist rendering. I really like the front end and I can't wait to see how the tail end comes out after you start doing the finish work on the molding back there. I'm assuming that this is going to be sort of a curbside build, without an opening front bonnet or engine? I can see that you will probably do an interior but, with everything else being mostly one piece it would be difficult to add any other details. I could be wrong but, I know from my build how tight things are getting back in the engine area, I don't know how you would do it. Like I said, I could be wrong and, it wouldn't be the first time, it's just my sense of it. Keep up the great work!

Thank you very much. Unfortunately, the only piece that I could not do apart for functional and constructive reasons is the diffuser, which simulated the detachment. As for interiors, the front hood and engine there will be everything and functional. I have a plan👍

Edited by mirage

• 3 weeks later...

Damn!!!  I don't know what else to say.  Beyond amazing.  Your artistry makes my work look like paint-by-numbers.  PLEASE keep posting!  Let me know where I can buy this kit, ha ha.

JCH

This is excellent, these aren’t cheap kits and I don’t suppose many would be so bold to go at it in this level. I take my hat off to you. I very much look forward to this vision coming into full finished reality.

Coops

26 minutes ago, mirage said:

thanks again friends, the road to the end is still long and tortuous, I will put all my passion and commitment into realization.

Well said 🙂 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Great that this thread surfaced, as I missed it until now.

What a fantastic method you have found to transform this model in a completely different model.

Very brave and very impressive. I hope you will take us along in the continued transformation.

I have spend so much time looking at these pictures, and I have no words for this fantastic build. I wish I had the nerve and skills to try something like this.. However, I don’t know if I’m even qualified to say this, but maybe the roof section seems a little too...well, square-ish.. the one from the designer has more of a curve to it.. I don’t know.. it is what I like about the original F40, the square-ness of it.. but when everything else on the new version is beautifully curved, maybe the roof stands out a little..😬  

Edited by Hamish Salomon

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Hamish Salomon said:

any updates? 🤩

Thanks for your interest in the project, it makes me very happy. As for the roof line, you are right, but the designer's concept is my inspiring muse, therefore, I am redesigning it as I please. The project is on standby because I have to finish the Citroen heller first. I believe I will leave at the end of the year. Thank you....

• 1 year later...