FERRARI F40 Concept car (pocher 1/8)

mirage

thanks for your interest. I do not bore you with the many changes I had to make on the hubs, attachments and brackets etc. in order to increase the circumference of the discs. Here are the photos of the final result.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 7

Hello everybody. I decided to make a modification on the bodywork to adapt to the shapes of the engine. with a single split plexiglas I will get a complete view of both the engine and the interior.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 3

construction of the main ash pan and removal of the extractor and then reassembling it with decal / carbon. By the way, does anyone know what kind of Decal / carbon I can use for a 1/8 scale?spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

The bodywork is practically a silk, I think it is ready for the final paint. Now begins the finishing of the doors and hood.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 4

That's looking seriously good. Maybe I've missed it or can't remember, but what will the final colour be? 

2 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Sembra davvero buono. Forse me lo sono perso o non me lo ricordo, ma quale sarà il colore finale? 

thanks, a few more little tweaks and it's ready. On the color I am still undecided between Red and light gray.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mirage said:

On the color I am still undecided between Red and light gray.

Tough choice! Classic (or maybe cliché) red or the modern grey look... 

I decided on the color after many reflections, I put aside black because totalblack would have appeared between the tinted windows, miniskirts and extractor; red did not break with the taillights. So I opted for a very light gray ...spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 3

Ok guys, it looks like a small update but, I assure you, the amount of work to get the door to match well has been long. I designed the retractable handle in the point you see in the photo. Now I begin to see the end ...

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 4

8 ore fa, JeroenS ha detto:

Sembra una vestibilità perfetta, per una forma così intricata. La vernice sulla carrozzeria è fantastica. 

thanks it was the most complex object I painted in my life. Months of grouting and sanding paid off.

I have finished the painting of the body, in these days I will carry out the various steps of compounding and then final polishing by hand.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 3

On 13/05/2022 at 20:03, Neddy said:

But that workshop... oooooh that workshop!!! 

It looks that a professional one, don't it?

But no matter, your work is really fantastic, a piece of art is born... 

Dan.

• Like 1