FERRARI F40 Concept car (pocher 1/8)

mirage

Hi i'm a italian modeller end i decided to modify a Pocher F40 model and imagine how it could be today. The main muse is a revisitation of the F40 designed by designer Samir Sadikhov. My intention is to maintain almost all of the pocher kit, modifying it to make it similar to the designer's project, similar because I will also use mine.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by mirage
  • Like 4

That looks good ,really good . Look forward to this . Takes a whole workmate to hold it . That's going to be a new body isn't it ? Strewth .

• the works on the front proceed, the shapes become more and more similar to those of the drawing, however, I decided to leave the two air intakes on the hood instead of one as proposed by the designer ...spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png
Edited by mirage
  • Like 2

once the general lines are obtained, the crowning works begin. As a method I adopt the system of applying brass rods to have the curvature guidelines, by doing so sanding I will have the curve line as a reference .

in the fenders I remove the excess from the inside ...                                                                                                                                                                      

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

I started to rebuild the lower part of the front, again with the brass rod technique I found the right curve by welding the two ends (with cyan and bicarbonate) in the same point ...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by mirage
  • Like 2

I made the small central ribs. The procedure is always that of the rough coat with reference brass rod and final application of plasticard from 0.3. it's just sketched

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

I continue to sketch the sides..

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

... I welded the bonnet because of the shapes the gas filler will be on the top so only the inner part will open. Then the usual technique with the brass rod to recreate the shapes.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sabrejet said:

Fast work! Some brave cutting and shutting here and so far it looks impressive!

thanks, actually with the jobs I'm ahead, I'll try to post the work done so far to catch up ...

... I continue to form the back, for this part I used a profile for pvc tiles that has the right camber that I needed, and then adapt it to the model ...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6