KA-6 Intruder (Italeri 1/72)

Fox_Two

First wing glued on. I don't have plastic rods to hold it in place per the instructions. I'm trusting the bad physics positioning and a whole lot of super glue. Hopefully it will stay upright. This whole wing process has caused a lot of heartburn!

spacer.png

• Like 4

Your patience and hard work on this kit has certainly payed off !!

Thanks for showing your new "evicted" workbench, you are soon going to spend a lot of quality time there with your kits (not kids😉 

Allow me to copy your trick of using a plastic storage box as a paint booth 🙏

and drumroll........................................................................................................

We're Done! Come see the RFI thread HERE

Some final thoughts...

Didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. First, I airbrushed a bit too uniformly which led to me over weathering in post. I needed to show a little bit more mottle but I ended up blending it too much. I also am not happy with the canopy painting or the fit. I did some touch ups best I could but fit is fit. It's an older kit so you can only expect so much. Another way to save a headache in the future would be to attach the wings rather than pose them closed. 

Overall though I liked the kit. It was a decent build with more modern tooling. It has some fit issues but if you power through them you can build out a nice bird. Also don't do what I did and fall into the over weathering trap. I should've weathered more during the paint session and then just hit it with a wash and call it a day. But I'm still working on technique and it didn't turn out too bad.

My grade for myself on this kit would be a B-

It's not going to win any awards but it will look nice on the shelf.

Feel free to check out some more of my work on Scalemates HERE.

Edited by Fox_Two
  • Like 2