Fairey Swordfish Mk. I (Trumpeter 1/32)

After I finished my long-running build of Trumpeters Swordfish (those who are interested to follow it, can do so here) I'd like to post it here as well for you - my first RFI. 

A brief summary: Started in March 2015, initially planned to do it OOB, then decided to do the rigging with EZ Line thread, used Gaspatch metal turnbuckles, and added a Gaspatch Vickers K instead the basic one. Had a hiatus of almost four years due to moving to another flat, changing jobs, starting my own company, family troubles and solving them, and all those issues that come running along while living everydays life. I'm sure you know of these things and how builds can suddenly take longer... 😉

For the build: it went together well, the rigging was easier than expected (though the Gaspatch Turnbuckles definitely required some learning lessons and some new tools), and after all, it was a joy (not each and every moment, but in general: thumbs up for kit as well as upgrades). There are definitely some flaws and chances for imporvement, in it, but I'm pretty happy with the result...  

So, here are the pictures: 

37190483kj.jpg

37190447cu.jpg

37190461ag.jpg

37190473yl.jpg

37190528ur.jpg

37190532vh.jpg

37190534px.jpg

37190562cj.jpg

37190571kd.jpg

37190574en.jpg

37190580ru.jpg

37190582ze.jpg

• Like 35

4 hours ago, shortCummins said:

I really enjoyed your build log and the finished article is first class

rgds

John(shortCummins)

John, many thanks, your comments were very appreciated. Hope I could motivate building your own stringbag a bit. It's fun and could be done in considerably less time than mine! 😉

Superbly done!

I have a friend who has this kit in his stash and it is a nice production (though rather demanding skill-and time-wise I daresay). 

I'm sure he would find you work inspirational as I do.

Great job indeed.

:clap:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Well worth the effort.  Looks great. It must be rather big at that scale.

Well thanks.

And yes, it is quite big. Initially I thought of it as a biplane, can't be that big - but It did proof me wrong.

Don't tell my wife, but there is a P38 of that scale in those piles hidden sommewhere... 😉

19 minutes ago, Buzby061 said:

Very nicely done, must ferret out the build log.

Pete

There should be a link on the 'here' in the first line. But what the ever, here it is...

(Mind the start date, please...) 😉

Edited by Chief Cohiba
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Buzby061 said:

Very nicely done, must ferret out the build log.

Pete

Ah, yes - and someone who's quoting Pinky and the Brain, must be a good one. With a sense for slight madness, but definitely a good one...

• Like 1