Northrop P-61A Black Widow, GWH 1:48

Dim

Hi Dim, 

Very nice and clean model! Well done! 

I just ordered a Revell one and it's supposed to arrive soon. How was the GWH build? Do you know about Revell one's quality? Who actually makes Revell kit? 

Best, 

Nikola

Nicely done. Interesting paint scheme, I’ve never seen one with black on top and gray on the underside. I can’t claim to be an expert, so I don’t know for sure if that actually happened. Your finish is very smooth though! Thanks for sharing!

12 hours ago, Nikola Topalov said:

Hi Dim, 

Very nice and clean model! Well done! 

I just ordered a Revell one and it's supposed to arrive soon. How was the GWH build? Do you know about Revell one's quality? Who actually makes Revell kit? 

Best, 

Nikola

Nikola, the Revell kit is actually a very old kit. It will be challenging, but when you’re done it will look pretty good. Be mindful of the main canopy fit, you may need to shim the bottom to make it fit properly. 

Good luck!

The Black Widow seems to have been a somewhat popular subject, of late - in various scales.

It sure is an interesting looking plane - might have to invest in a 1/72 kit (my preferred scale) one day.🤔

Your GWH 1/48 example has turned out beautifully and really inspires.

Well done!

:clap:

6 hours ago, RadMax8 said:

Nicely done. Interesting paint scheme, I’ve never seen one with black on top and gray on the underside. I can’t claim to be an expert, so I don’t know for sure if that actually happened. Your finish is very smooth though! 

I think it's supposed to be OD, as it should be for 'Lady Gen', although it does appear very dark. 

Always good to see a Black Widow. I love that thing!

7 hours ago, RadMax8 said:

Nicely done. Interesting paint scheme, I’ve never seen one with black on top and gray on the underside. I can’t claim to be an expert, so I don’t know for sure if that actually happened. Your finish is very smooth though! Thanks for sharing!

Nikola, the Revell kit is actually a very old kit. It will be challenging, but when you’re done it will look pretty good. Be mindful of the main canopy fit, you may need to shim the bottom to make it fit properly. 

Good luck!

Hi RadMax, 

Thanks for the info and the tip on the canopy. Much appreciated!

Best,

Nikola