TAMIYA 251/8 1 Krankenpanzerwagen

4 minutes ago, calistan said:

That interior is extraordinary, particularly the dirt/rust/wear on the metal floor. It could hardly look more real.

Thanks Calistan......appreciate that. Unfortunately with these 251's, a lot isn't seen....:doh:.......looking forward to getting on with the exterior next week.

Definitely decided on something like this Ausf D version.......

fEjb4h7.jpg

• Like 1

Wow, I don't think I could bear to apply the last drop of glue that sealed all of that stuff away forever. Maybe you could do it as a cutaway or give it a lift-off top.

I'm sure the exterior is going to look pretty special regardless.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, calistan said:

Wow, I don't think I could bear to apply the last drop of glue that sealed all of that stuff away forever. Maybe you could do it as a cutaway or give it a lift-off top.

I'm sure the exterior is going to look pretty special regardless.

Yeah, know what you mean......the two halves were a pain to get together as with it being an old kit from the early 70's; there was some noticeable warping of the side walls.....good job I have commercial grade liquid at hand. Trying to hold it together, without flattening the tarpaulin supports......:swear:...absolute nightmare....

I am looking forward to the exterior, with that paint job above. Want it to pop in the display cabinet.......:D

8 minutes ago, FrancisGL said:

The interior looks very convincing, already with the stretcher, which you had with the "homemade scratch", as good or better than a purchased ...
Hoping to see more progress ...

Cheers Simon 👍

Cheers mate.....the stretcher isn't really as close as what they were....but once in place; you can't see that detail. The one thing I did forget were the fabric wrap tie over on each side, in the middle. Meant to hold the poor sod on when running around......I decided it can be a supper cheap Russian one....as they didn't care if the poor sod fell off when carrying him......:D

Thanks again both...

Simon

• Haha 1

Like the potential scheme you have in mind. Never tried something white before, AFV or aeroplane, looking forward to seeing you do it justice....no pressure!:whistle:

Theres a BM Skype division! 

Whatever next....

(Thanks for the kind offer too, btw).

Cheers 

• Like 1

Evening all. Hope you all had a good weekend.....just got time to post a Sunday night round up.....off on a late night road trip..:doh:

Started and finalised the exterior. Still have to get a Red Cross on the one side behind the drum........then next on to various stowage and medical supplies.

ehl0ncP.jpg

KuYLIKI.jpg

VdFxpj3.jpg

yjjkDhP.jpg

Next stage....as with many on the waiting list.....mud and running gear......:think:

night all....:yes:

• Like 8

Crikey Simon someone's been busy!

That looks really good! I guess the two halves went together without too much difficulty?

I do like your painting and weathering techniques/style.:thumbsup:

Cheers 

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Crikey Simon someone's been busy!

That looks really good! I guess the two halves went together without too much difficulty?

I do like your painting and weathering techniques/style.:thumbsup:

Cheers 

Darryl 

Thanks Darryl....and yes, managed to have all day Saturday and most of Sunday to get on with the exterior.........the two halves took some doing, and had to weather the seam to hide some issues's in places.....:think:

8 hours ago, Hamden said:

ONE word STUNNING!!!!!!

Roger

Cheers Roger....much appreciated........:yes:

3 hours ago, vaoinas said:

It looks absolutely spectacular.

Bet, the huge red cross will shine right out, when the model will be displayed with others later.

Thanks Vaoinas, and yes, stands out somewhat in the cabinet.

Thanks again all for taking a look and the :yes:

Simon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Wow!, it shows that he has seen a lot of action, but it is very convincing for my personal taste...🍿

Cheers Simon 👍

Thanks Francis........my reason for well worn is that it's an Ausf C, early war model that has lasted long enough to receive a Dunkelgelb paint job in around early '43:D

I intend to take back the upper hull weathering with some thin layers of oil filters. It will lighten up the overall look and soften the weathering, especially on the front Dunkelgelb.

2 hours ago, Carius said:

Excellent progress Simon. I love it.

Thanks Carius......glad you like..:yes:.

Thanks both for taking a look.......

Regards

Simon.

On 10/11/2019 at 11:15, Redcoat2966 said:

Morning all. For a break I decided to run another 251 along side my "Stuka Zu Fuss" for a change.

It's the very first 251 by Tamiya from the early 70's. Very, very basic compared to modern one's now available, but very good for scratch building and PE up-grading.....a blank canvas as such. There's very few images of this version from an interior view. I have what I can find on the web.....so going for it with what I have.

t4DHPUo.jpg

Started with the armour panels within, and then the brackets that support the two stretcher locations, flip up side bench and two individual seats for what I imagine would be the medics. The seat covers I do with Kit-Kat foil to recreate cracked leather. I had to replace the floor plate to in the rear, to cover over the detail for a standard 251. I decided for visual interest to replace the standard leather pad bench to go for a wooded slat one. Could have been a replacement in the field, or factory supplied cheaper version. The flip up single seat's I intend to change the hinges to something smaller.

SphW4Sf.jpg

Paint scheme is going in this direction.

x0rWHRv.jpg

Looks like a good build.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon all. Been some time since my last post, but thought I'd pop up progress to date. Only a few more things here and there to do and then over to RFI section.

The mud was an experiment and practice as to date I haven't really done much of it. I wanted to have more of a spray over the bonnet from the mudguard-less front wheel and in convoy, etc......... Went further than I planned, so was worth the go, as I learnt some things for more important projects ongoing and planned in the future.

I still have various stowage and equipment to add in the next week or two and then figure out the rear flag and front banner and how I'm going to make them.That may have to wait for next year, or after a change on another project.....

cheers all.....:yes:

Simon.

LvtLfFc.jpg

LE9S5Bg.jpg

PSYYBQn.jpg

UwpvEWu.jpg

CP4367p.jpg

• Like 8

Fantastic result so far Simon.

I'm working on a Sd.Kfz.251/7 Ausführung C right now, for a build on Armorama. See some useful things I might use in my future builds.

Will post some pictures soon, probably within two weeks, when it's finished and ready for inspection. 

Cheers!

Robert Jan

• Thanks 1

On 12/11/2019 at 1:56 PM, Robert Jan Scholte v. Mast said:

Fantastic result so far Simon.

I'm working on a Sd.Kfz.251/7 Ausführung C right now, for a build on Armorama. See some useful things I might use in my future builds.

Will post some pictures soon, probably within two weeks, when it's finished and ready for inspection. 

Cheers!

Robert Jan

Thanks Robert..

That pioneer version is something I'v looked into and try a scratch build of the bridge parts........I hope to have this off the bench soon too into RFI......need a change of project....:D

On 12/11/2019 at 1:57 PM, Andy350 said:

Looks very convincing and realistic to me.  Nice job.

Thanks Andy, appreciate that.......:yes:

On 12/11/2019 at 2:05 PM, vaoinas said:

Didn't expect it to be that muddy, but it looks very convincing nonetheless.

Yeah, got away from me, but it was always a dispensable project to practice on.....I know better now for follow on projects. A better formula and process for mud etc next time......

On 12/11/2019 at 2:47 PM, Hamden said:

Stunning - great result looks a well used/worked 251!

Roger

Cheers Roger......:yes:.....and yes, it's seen some years on the Eastern Front...:D

20 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Definitely, he has seen a lot of action, he has certainly not finished his mission "Until the last man" (homonym of the American movie of the 2nd WW in the Pacific) ...
Very cool medical supplies ...:popcorn:

Cheers Simon 👍

Thanks Francis.....yes, I like them to have a "lived in" look.....:D...more in keeping with make do and mend in retreat. Thanks on the medical supply box. I looked for a ready made set from Plus Model....but £17 + shipping I though was a little much, so I scratch built to open box with the dressings etc. The bandages are cut pieces from a cotton bud stick....from the side they even have the rolled look.

Thanks again all.....:yes:

• Like 1

Great work as ever Simon, particularly like your way with worn, scuffed and scraped paintwork.

Whilst poss not to everyone's taste the mud affect is really well done. Are you doing any figures to go with it?

Cheers

Darryl 

• Thanks 1