Baby Cresci Porsche 956

Here's a model I did a few years back and is one of a very few that I entered into a competition and won 1st place the kit is Tamiya's 956 plus I used a Tamiya photoetch set and different decals I cannot say how I painted it as I had only just got an airbrush at the time so chances are its all Halfords or Tamiya rattle cans I also had a mirriad of books on Porsche so it was easy to detail engine is wired I did some plumbing but everything else is as it comes the decals we're superb and I had no problems at all although I did use Micro Sol/Set.

One of my most satisfying builds 

3CjTaI4.jpg?1

hUirBK1.jpg

UTj0IbT.jpg

BjCzuTW.jpg

ieZFK4n.jpg

iMveSnb.jpg

• Like 9

Great work on this one. I have a 956 from when I was young just waiting to be restored, so I know that these are pretty detailed kits.

But more than anything else, I'm looking at that 'graph paper' decal on the engine cover and find it amazing that you managed to get it on so well without any tearing or misalignment issues.

11 hours ago, Spiny said:

Great work on this one. I have a 956 from when I was young just waiting to be restored, so I know that these are pretty detailed kits.

But more than anything else, I'm looking at that 'graph paper' decal on the engine cover and find it amazing that you managed to get it on so well without any tearing or misalignment issues.

It was a superb set of decals and the rear deck decals fitted perfectly  probably took about 10 mins with the sol/set and a hairdryer but I was "in the zone" as they say and I think the whole kit took about 3 weeks, I dug out the photo's after a friend of mine found his set and I can tell you that the person who did the decals says on FB that he has about 10 sets left.

Thanks for looking Spiny

• Like 1