Hellenic Air Force Museum by night November 2019

Alpha Delta 210

4 hours ago, Jonny said:

Hi AD210 et al ...

I've just retried using my Win10 laptop with Firefox version 70.0.1 which I'm sure is the latest.

I'm sorry but this time I get a series of links, which, would you believe, flicker!  When 've been trying with my Tablet (iOS) I got quite large grey rectangles (also flickering).

My ISP is TalkTalk.  Not at all sure it's anything to do with them. 

Hi Jonny. Thanks for persevering! I can still see them on my devices, which seems odd. I look forward to receiving Gorby's information on alternatives!

I can see both sets of images and WOW what the night shots do. Changes the perspective on aviation. Great looking night shots. This is what I'm inclined to learn is how to shot at night. I've tried a few but were out of focus.

Great shots Thank you for posting.

I'm using an old windows 7 pro 64 bit system, mozzilla firefox and the latest update for the browser.

Ron VanDerwarker

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, f111guru said:

I can see both sets of images and WOW what the night shots do. Changes the perspective on aviation. Great looking night shots. This is what I'm inclined to learn is how to shot at night. I've tried a few but were out of focus.

Great shots Thank you for posting.

I'm using an old windows 7 pro 64 bit system, mozzilla firefox and the latest update for the browser.

Ron VanDerwarker

Thanks very much, Ron. I'm really pleased you liked them!

My biggest problem was composing the images through the viewfinder in the dark! Otherwise, it was a case of using a tripod (with the Nikon VR turned off), the self-timer and experimenting with exposures. I think most of the outside images were exposed for about 2 seconds. 

As a matter of interest, are you able to see the Phantoms at Andravida?

I do actually. Always liked that particular scheme. Great combination of colors on those Phantoms. Have a number of Phantom kits and will do one in a future build.

I'm slowly learning how to use my canon Rebel. Had it for a few years but have been quick to take photos. Must learn patience as I do with building kits.

Thank you for your response. Great looking F-4E shots.

Ron VanDerwarker

• Thanks 1

Good morning, AD210 et al ...

Problem solved!

I use Firefox on my iPad (and on my Win10 devices).  I tried to use it last night and all that happened was Ireceived a white screen with the Firefox logo in the centre.  This happened several times and still does this morning.

I thought I’d try another browser, GoGoDuck.  

result ,,, AD210’s amazing night-time photos appeared immediately.

I’ve since done some research.  Mozilla who provide Firefox are apparently fiddling with it, changing the log-in mechanism.  It seems that’s a work-in-progress.  Be that as it may, I can’t use Firefox for anything just now, especially Britmodeller!

Jonny

• Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 11:27 AM, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Thanks very much, Ron. I'm really pleased you liked them!

My biggest problem was composing the images through the viewfinder in the dark! Otherwise, it was a case of using a tripod (with the Nikon VR turned off), the self-timer and experimenting with exposures. I think most of the outside images were exposed for about 2 seconds. 

As a matter of interest, are you able to see the Phantoms at Andravida?

This is my second real attempt at night photography. Taken at the Wings Over The Rockies Museum Denver Colorado USA. Sorry I had people ask me where this museum was. No tripod (left in my truck) and the camera set to no flash. I just had to stand still.

IMG_4406

Camera set to auto, flash active. Again just had to stand still. Next time I'll have a strap attached to my tripod and will be at the ready.

IMG_4409

Ron VanDerwarker

Edited by f111guru

On 11/14/2019 at 2:43 AM, f111guru said:

This is my second real attempt at night photography. Taken at the Wings Over The Rockies Museum Denver Colorado USA. Sorry I had people ask me where this museum was. No tripod (left in my truck) and the camera set to no flash. I just had to stand still.

IMG_4406

Camera set to auto, flash active. Again just had to stand still. Next time I'll have a strap attached to my tripod and will be at the ready.

IMG_4409

Ron VanDerwarker

Impressive hand-holding technique, Ron!

On 11/14/2019 at 8:10 AM, Red Dot said:

hi Ian,

Try postimage.org for the hosting. Great upload speed and free (so far).

I love the photos too

Andy

Hi Andy. Thanks for the kind words, as I mentioned in my Andravida thread, I think you are mistaking me for someone else.😉