Hellenic Air Force Museum by night November 2019

Alpha Delta 210

Hi

Before travelling west towards Andravida, COAP Media obtained special permission for a night shoot at the Hellenic Air Force Museum. The Museum is situated at Dekelia Air Base, in Tatoi, approximately 30km north of the centre of Athens. The museum had a wonderful collection and I would like to return during daylight! I don't do much night photography, so please accept my apologies for the images!

NTGLf_gRJUZczavwmCs0y6d_KMs6oYmycxAc_Auq

A7KSKSZVHqs4sYtRRnrO-gUM69KM8tEEW2VTZSzT

TTK_yXhciK-eFnFSYqHJV4N1pH6I9TqaMPH1FEJP

HRfJsA-KKUN529iwxfKoEZk1hP6hysg4G4RS1C4V

IfnkK_ykC2lcdu-3cezXevdCdsY8SpoFGsRCvZVj

OyxxMlqQ_Du-pJdQ0ZqHPIgVuiIxtrqsm6k1RiqL

BEq-2xWeRXt89BQczpdGz_pKikzt06hYJj1NU6pX

Zt_Y8m9YljptssyPkabxzS57EeAd6Pgsl8BRiUfn

CNyLpGatlJiCGraJec5eTQvLge0_2i3Uyxm85Gq1

HtsLTIHuEJNvAQZYB5I_dVocUWaM6JCgxjsNA_K4

F6ROA2KaDEhjK0vZCC6cLEo1NBUrauRcOy9AMGm-

XIw1H75ztIIo0mU8A2N74mO_6ffOIiDHqRgT5skf

cJZG6K5Ttc06NrXZKkJf-dzEIpz4jRPsA4Lzs-mG

VBKqQszmGm5gg8gARUI3qQUeBK2ixvOf9szrRKmV

tc4OtH5wQpVPc5hxGbQdMBA4tV2jKyymgn2AmrJg

1QlbYN7sHSTmrhUd-JOLENeR4Ks7sxQV8yPEs46R

AjH9RLacpGvgpd3YHPBUrHUwd68t77wqkEZSXXxR

x4D3tzenAHeNsGofHZooQtIzKBaMPnyIKJV7Iz1E

a0rtTaqUadClu2NvHUKNJldaTtUgYP7XwGV_Gmkt

ZCE6omLuEEo7lsBGMQST1ewDk8syecG-hf0sAtEJ

SmgBTE6OpnkNOrsZe1-DyHd0F-IqEwmnwLSXIl_q

qooCiYBeC_ePeyEkEJ15rLJFEwOU96_81Ju1C7lo

GrTc1Ct_gjzQ2xlbcC5IHGBI4q6p7rt3jQTpU3FR

Thanks for looking, and if you would like to see some Hellenic Phantom, F-16 and Mirage 2000 shots at Andravida, you will find them here.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Drat!

I’ve got the flickering grey screen for each and all of your photos, except the ones at Andravida, all of which appeared straight away and are very good shots indeed.

(Using an iPad with the very latest IOS)

I’ll look again later - patiently waiting seems to work most of the time!

Jonny

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

Frat!

I’ve got the flickering grey screen for each and all of your photos, except the ones at Andravida, all of which appeared straight away and are very good shots indeed.

(Using an iPad with the very latest IOS)

I’ll look again later - patiently waiting seems to work most of the time!

Jonny

Hi Jonny. Thanks for letting me know. I'm puzzled because I'm using Google Photos as my host, as I have for several years. 

I would be grateful if other members could tell me if they can see the museum images (and their operating system).

I’ve tried ending the session and starting a new one, waiting ages to see if the ‘flickering grey’ is replaced by photos,etc. etc. but nothing.

The current iOS I’m using is 13.2.2, on an iPad 9x7 version 6 - if that means anything.  If I have time later I’ll try using my Windows 10 laptop.

• Confused 1

Hi Jonny. Thanks for your perseverance! I can see the images on my W10 laptop and my two Android devices.

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

I’ve tried ending the session and starting a new one, waiting ages to see if the ‘flickering grey’ is replaced by photos,etc. etc. but nothing.

The current iOS I’m using is 13.2.2, on an iPad 9x7 version 6 - if that means anything.  If I have time later I’ll try using my Windows 10 laptop.

Sadly, I still can’t see the museum shots using my iPad.  I’ve been a bit busy today and haven’t had a chance to try with my Windows 10 laptop.

Jonny

8 hours ago, Jonny said:

Sadly, I still can’t see the museum shots using my iPad.  I’ve been a bit busy today and haven’t had a chance to try with my Windows 10 laptop.

Jonny

Hi Jonny. I'm sorry that you can't see them. I'm wondering if it might be a problem at the BM end, because I'm not doing anything different. I might report it to Mike.

2 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

I might report it to Mike.

You did! :o From what I've been hearing from @Gorby, Google photos is a rather unreliable host, as the links are likely to go unusable after a fairly short period, due to Google refreshing the URLs.  This means that they're Only really suitable for sharing something you want someone to see there and then, not in perpetuity, possibly to do with bandwidth issue from popular photos. :hmmm: Apparently, Facebook are the same.  Looks like if you want your photos to be resilient, you're going to have to choose another host :(

1 minute ago, Mike said:

You did! :o From what I've been hearing from @Gorby, Google photos is a rather unreliable host, as the links are likely to go unusable after a fairly short period, due to Google refreshing the URLs.  This means that they're Only really suitable for sharing something you want someone to see there and then, not in perpetuity, possibly to do with bandwidth issue from popular photos. :hmmm: Apparently, Facebook are the same.  Looks like if you want your photos to be resilient, you're going to have to choose another host :(

Thanks Mike. I've been using Google Photos since the Photo Bucket changes and this is the first problem I've had. I guess that I'll have to look elsewhere. 🙄

Just now, Alpha Delta 210 said:

I've been using Google Photos since the Photo Bucket changes and this is the first problem I've had. I guess that I'll have to look elsewhere. 

It does seem to be a bit of a confusing situation, but whether they disappear a week later or a year later, it's still unreliable so a PITA for you :unsure:

3 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Hi Jonny. I'm sorry that you can't see them. I'm wondering if it might be a problem at the BM end, because I'm not doing anything different. I might report it to Mike.

As @Mike mentioned, I experimented with using Google Photos and everything was fine for eight months, then people started telling me that they couldn't see my photos. What made it more confusing is that I could still see all of my photos and was therefore initially convinced that the problem lay with those viewing my posts.

In the next couple of days I hope to post something that will list all the main photo hosts that allow hotlinking including another alternative that I'm currently trying which may be of interest to you – using Google Blogger as a host. I can't guarantee that the links won't break with Blogger, but you can't guarantee that any of the photo hosts won't go kaput eventually, particularly the free ones.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gorby said:

n the next couple of days I hope to post something that will list all the main photo hosts that allow hotlinking including another alternative that I'm currently trying which may be of interest to you

...and as I'm involved in that it might be a bit slower :blush:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Gorby said:

As @Mike mentioned, I experimented with using Google Photos and everything was fine for eight months, then people started telling me that they couldn't see my photos. What made it more confusing is that I could still see all of my photos and was therefore initially convinced that the problem lay with those viewing my posts.

In the next couple of days I hope to post something that will list all the main photo hosts that allow hotlinking including another alternative that I'm currently trying which may be of interest to you – using Google Blogger as a host. I can't guarantee that the links won't break with Blogger, but you can't guarantee that any of the photo hosts won't go kaput eventually, particularly the free ones.

Thanks for the research, Gorby. My situation is exactly as you describe in that I can see the images in the post on all of my Android and PC devices and my wife's iPad.

• Like 1

Hi AD210 et al ...

I've just retried using my Win10 laptop with Firefox version 70.0.1 which I'm sure is the latest.

I'm sorry but this time I get a series of links, which, would you believe, flicker!  When 've been trying with my Tablet (iOS) I got quite large grey rectangles (also flickering).

My ISP is TalkTalk.  Not at all sure it's anything to do with them. 

• Sad 1