Kinetic 1/48 Fouga Magister

Looks great!

Later and more  recent Kinetic kits seem to be a bit underrated.... just built a Mirage and I really liked it!

Instructions on the other hand.... 

Edited by exdraken

Very nice Indeed, looks ready to fly.

At one time I believed I might one day fly one for real but the Air Corps thought otherwise. I miss seeing the originals scooting across the sky near where I grew up. 

• Like 1

Lovely job and an excellent metal finish , saw the Irish Air Corps  'Silver Swallows' at an airshow once and the Belgian Air Force solo display a couple of times and the Magister must rank as one of the noisiest jets ever built and the only one I have ever seen picked up by the nose and turned to fit into its parking slot.

Picked up one of the AMK Magisters at a show during the summer and then bought the Max Decals but jury is still out on whether to go for one of the metal options or something in camouflage when I get round to building it.

15 minutes ago, Dr. Quack said:

Lovely.

I fondly remember Magisters from airshows in days gone by, and being astonished at just how much noise can be generated by such a tiny airframe......

Hard-of-hearing Quack.

You're not joking. I once stood on the ramp at Baldonnel quite close to two of them starting up. I covered my ears but the wave of noise felt like it was vibrating my brain. It was insane! 

Beautiful build @Michael Taylor.

11 hours ago, Des said:

... the only one I have ever seen picked up by the nose and turned to fit into its parking slot.

Interesting observation. When I was 7 years old, the airfield near our house was being buzzed by a Magister and I asked my grandfather what the handle-like things on the nose were. He figured they were for ground handling 😁.

Wlad