Academy 1/48 F-4B Phantom - KUTA Required

Ghostbase

Started this Academy 1/48th scale F-4B Phantom over two years ago, stalled at the airbrush stage, was my first Academy build  as well. Thanks to my favourite annual Group Build I *might* get her completed by the early months of 2020 😊

This is what she looks like today:

49034674018_0bcaa8d167_b.jpgIMGP3288 by Michael Baldock, on Flickr

I have built the F-4 in 1/48th scale many times - Testors, Monogram, ESCI, Italeri, and Revell (Hasegawa) - and the Academy kit is easily the best of them, I was very impressed by it.

49035395107_8de07a4087_b.jpgIMGP3289 by Michael Baldock, on Flickr

Was happy with the cockpit detail:

49034673893_ffcf62c96f_b.jpgIMGP3290 by Michael Baldock, on Flickr

I think I got as far as I could using Humbrol rattle can sprays but I really do have to unearth the airbrush and apply the proper acrylic colours.

49035172156_fc8031df01_b.jpgIMGP3291 by Michael Baldock, on Flickr

I also have the Furball Air Wing All-Stars Phantoms Pt.2 decal set and I planned to finish her as a VF-11 Bird from 1973 on the USS Forrestal.

49035172071_3f9709e1ef_b.jpgIMGP3292 by Michael Baldock, on Flickr

Good to be here - again 😊👍

Michael

Edited by Ghostbase
  • Like 3

Ok the images have gone wrong 😢 I have spent much of the evening fighting Flickr which appears to have yet another owner which requires me to have no less than a 12 letter password however I did manage to get that to work after much effort. This is my first post using Windows 10 as well! Will come back in the morning and try again 🙂

Michael

Update: Pictures now showing, I had to paste BBCode  which I am sure I have not done before!

Edited by Ghostbase
  • Like 1

Funny,

When I set up my Flickr account 5 months ago it seemed happy with my 9 character password though it is a bit erratic at times, and seems to keep deleting some of my posted "free" images. Maybe it is a Win10 issue as I am using Win7 still.

Good luck.

Pete

• Like 1

• 1 month later...