V Force Group Build - 36 members so far, any more?

Adam Poultney

6 minutes ago, Arniec said:

I might be interested in this gb.  I have got a old vulcan and a victor in the stash.

Cheers,

Considerer yourself in! 

We might have the whole V Force represented by the end of this!

Just thinking... Maybe I could do an Avro Atlantic... 

I would need an airliner kit that's compatible though. If in 1/72 I would need a cheap and preferably highly innacurate kit with a similar fuselage diameter. I think I have a plan for a smaller one though in 1/200. Using the Cyber Hobby/Dragon Vulcan B2 as a basis, I would take the fuselage from a 1/320 Revell Dc10 which has a fuselage diameter only 2mm bigger on either side of the model so it wouldn't throw the look of the whole model if I used that fuselage. I also like the nose shape of the Dc10 so there's that. The aircraft was never actually built do I could do all sorts with the model. 

4 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Lucky #13 Matchbox Victor please !

Cheers Pat 

Maybe you should do XL513 since you're #13

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Back in the Saddle said:

There was a cheap one on eBay yesterday but it’s gone now - was that you?!😉

No I didn't check eBay, probably should have. They're 1/3 off at Hannants right now in the blue steel configuration. 

What price was the eBay one?

On 11/9/2019 at 3:56 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:
On 11/9/2019 at 3:45 AM, Enzo Matrix said:

Handley Page HP.88 anyone? 

Went and looked this up. Now i have an idea for a Whif build. Thank you for introducing me to a type i was unfamiliar with. 

You mean one of these!

IMG_6829

IMG_6849

Kit is 1/48 from Heritage Aviation. Great idea for a group build. 

I'd be up for an Avro 707.

Colin 

• Like 3

I've got a few contenders, a pair of Airfix Vulcans, both stripped down previously built models that need all the help they can get and an unbuilt Matchbox Victor. There's also a Airfix Valiant buried in the loft somewhere.

If I got a couple of these done I would be more than happy.

Tony.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TonyW said:

I've got a few contenders, a pair of Airfix Vulcans, both stripped down previously built models that need all the help they can get and an unbuilt Matchbox Victor. There's also a Airfix Valiant buried in the loft somewhere.

If I got a couple of these done I would be more than happy.

Tony.

You in then?

You could always send me the Valiant to build 😂

Edited by Adam Poultney

21 minutes ago, TonyW said:

Yup, sign me up. An Airfix Vulcan for starters.

Tony.

You're in! Have.... Fun with the Airfix Vulcan? I think we can bend the 25% rule a little if you're essentially rebuilding a model. Maybe you should do both of them 😂

Meanwhile:

71bc577497dbd4de060e98781609731e.jpg

Oops I didn't mean to..... Guess I'll have to build this! (In December at the earliest)

Edited by Adam Poultney
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

You're in! Have.... Fun with the Airfix Vulcan? I think we can bend the 25% rule a little if you're essentially rebuilding a model. Maybe you should do both of them 😂

It's a bit more than re-building a model Adam, both planes need taking back to component parts and starting again. Everything needs a refurb. I bought them years ago with the intention of making one good one out of the pair. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Now Airfix are releasing a new one I guess values of the old one will collapse. That's what happened with Matchbox Victor prices when the Airfix one was announced. I paid £10 for a late box Matchbox kit at that point. They are still under £20 if you look. It might be a better idea to just get an old issue Airfix kit, if they do drop, and save a lot of work. 

Whatever direction I take, I'll be building a Vulcan for the GB! 

Roll on start date.

Tony.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TonyW said:

It's a bit more than re-building a model Adam, both planes need taking back to component parts and starting again. Everything needs a refurb. I bought them years ago with the intention of making one good one out of the pair. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Now Airfix are releasing a new one I guess values of the old one will collapse. That's what happened with Matchbox Victor prices when the Airfix one was announced. I paid £10 for a late box Matchbox kit at that point. They are still under £20 if you look. It might be a better idea to just get an old issue Airfix kit, if they do drop, and save a lot of work. 

Whatever direction I take, I'll be building a Vulcan for the GB! 

Roll on start date.

Tony.

Well here's an idea that I did with a similar project that failed. Maybe a couple of these could be added to the GB

https://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/vulcan/survivors.php

And there's a list of surviving cockpit sections. A fictional one is of course an option, as I am doing.

Those pictures look a bit like planes I have here! I'm starting to remember why I keep ignoring the things. 😉

I've got a bit of previous for assorted crimes against plastic, here's what I inflicted on an Airfix 1.48 scale Javelin...

j-AVELIN-STAND-1.jpg

... I bought a couple in one of the Black Friday sales Airfix did a while back. Cheap as chips. This one got smoothed right out and polished to death with S 'n J polishing powder. The same fate might await one of the Vulcans.

Tony.

• Like 5