V Force Group Build - 36 members so far, any more?

Adam Poultney

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Back in the Saddle said:

Me too! Can’t be much longer to wait...

delayed to march......

If this group build goes ahead that's when I'd like a slot for, to coincide with the release of the new Vulcan

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Might want to shoot for mid summer, just in case Airfix is longer in releasing them. 

as long as it's after exam season (which is later than usual this year) and before September it would be good

5 minutes ago, exdraken said:

V-Force?yes! Please!

added

• Like 1

I was thinking about you the other day Adam, I was doing practice for aerial photo reading(think spy plane image study). Its a hobby of mine to identify aircraft on airports and airbases. I chose the S.A.C. Museum in Ashland Nebraska as that study session and they have XM573 in there possession. Sadly I only know this as its sitting outside in the elements in the storage yard looking rather sorry for itself. Apparently they moved it outdoors in 2015 due to lack of space. Sitting outside in a great plains winter for five years will destroy that poor aircraft. I wish we could get a fund started to build a new building for it. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I was thinking about you the other day Adam, I was doing practice for aerial photo reading(think spy plane image study). Its a hobby of mine to identify aircraft on airports and airbases. I chose the S.A.C. Museum in Ashland Nebraska as that study session and they have XM573 in there possession. Sadly I only know this as its sitting outside in the elements in the storage yard looking rather sorry fo itself. Apparently they moved it outdoors in 2015 due to lack of space. Sitting outside in a great plains winter for five years will destroy that poor aircraft. I wish we could get a fund started to build a new building for it. 

Dennis

Yes XM573, rather nice example of the Vulcan. That one is the best one in the US. The paint looks pretty worn but it's definitely restorable to a good static condition if the museum chose to do so.

On none of my three visits to North America have I had the chance to see any of the Vulcans on that side of the Atlantic puddle, and missed out on seeing a Lancaster (completely disassembled) in the summer last year when I was in Canada on Vancouver Island a few miles from the museum where that is. Canada's Vulcan is on the other side of the country to there, so not a chance to see that.

Other two times I visited the US, but I was in the wrong part of the US for Vulcans. Florida the first time, and NY and DC the second. Got a good look around the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum, but didn't visit the Udvar-Hazy Centre (wish I had the chance to do that!). 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stefan Buysse said:

If the V-force GB doesn't make it, I'll just have to build a Victor in the Desert Storm GB.

A Valiant would be very welcome in the High Wing GB too, if that gets through :pray:

Cheers

20 hours ago, CliffB said:

A Valiant would be very welcome in the High Wing GB too, if that gets through :pray:

Cheers

Hi,

My Valiant is way past the 25% rule. But if the High Wing GB makes it, I could go for a 1/144 Beverley.

At least, it is a 4-engined RAF aircraft of the V-Force era.😉

Cheers, Stefan.

• Like 1

On 03/11/2020 at 10:57, Stefan Buysse said:

Hi,

This is the one that I'd really like to go ahead. 

So, I voted for it and two others that I'm pretty sure of that I'd participate in.

If the V-force GB doesn't make it, I'll just have to build a Victor in the Desert Storm GB.

Cheers, Stefan.

unfortunately it doesn't look like it will get through. Problem with this one is it seems to be somewhere between a STGB and regular GB, so it's probably a bit too niche to get through this year...

Of the ones that are ahead this year, I'm only really looking at unarmed (which I can build a v bomber as a tanker, SR aircraft etc for) or the less than a tenner GB. 

There seem to be a few good ones that would miss it, the Bristol Aero Company GB, Blitzkrieg, this one. Wouldn't mind seeing another two or three slots added. 

• 4 weeks later...

As this group build did not make it through the bunfight, I will not be entering this one next year unless there is a significant increase in demand for it. Instead I will be trying this group build for next year's bunfight, which would include almost everything from this one and much more:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, JamesP said:

I do have the S&M Sperrin which is basically my namesake 🤔 

This GB isn't being run again for next year, a new thread for a Big and British GB is replacing this, and the Sperrin is a perfect fit