V Force Group Build - 36 members so far, any more?

Adam Poultney

Just thinking about how I'll do the poll on this at the end if this goes ahead, would people want to have four categories: Vulcans, Victors, Valiants and 'things that don't begin with V', or just one overall vote?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
16 hours ago, gaelicfire said:

I'm in, I have the Airfix Victor and Valiant as well as the Matchbox Victor and 2 Airfix Vulcans.  Need to build one at some point.

12 minutes ago, MarkSH said:

Go on then, I'll do the Airfix Vulcan (the bad one).

Mark.

Welcome aboad to both of you

I have a 1/72 Rareplanes Vacform Vulcan, might be worth adding this to the list on the first post on this thread. 

Theres also a 1/72 Formaplane Vacform one, i dont have this one !

Didn't Contrail also do a vacform 1/72 Valiant  ?

We need a push to get this on the GB list 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

I have a 1/72 Rareplanes Vacform Vulcan, might be worth adding this to the list on the first post on this thread. 

Theres also a 1/72 Formaplane Vacform one, i dont have this one !

Didn't Contrail also do a vacform 1/72 Valiant  ?

We need a push to get this on the GB list 

The list is just of the injection kits, there are a lot of old vacuform kits around but that would be quite a list, not to mention the resin ones that also exist.

Agreed, a push for this GB would be good! I want this to go ahead as early as possible after the Airfix Vulcan releases (September, I can't wait!) as I think lots of people will be building them in the few months after. It'd have to wait until January 2021 though at the earliest because of how the GB scheduling works- unless anything changes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Back in the Saddle said:

Can we count him twice?! 😂

Is that a nice way of saying I'm 2 faced or is this just old aged forgetfulness catching up with me ?  :clif:

cheers Pat 

• Haha 1

Throw me down for a body to get it into the bun fight.  I've got a Victor lingering in the stash.  Don't know when I'll actually be able to build anything...but definitely interested if the time allows.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, helios16v said:

Throw me down for a body to get it into the bun fight.  I've got a Victor lingering in the stash.  Don't know when I'll actually be able to build anything...but definitely interested if the time allows.

Welcome aboard, hopefully you'll end up joining the group build. Which kit is it that you have? If it's the Airfix one it's a real joy to build, I'm considering buying my third one in a month, use my birthday as an excuse for it 😂

1 minute ago, Adam Poultney said:

Welcome aboard, hopefully you'll end up joining the group build. Which kit is it that you have? If it's the Airfix one it's a real joy to build, I'm considering buying my third one in a month, use my birthday as an excuse for it 😂

Yeah, it's the new Airfix Mk.2 BS kit.  I'm looking forward to getting to it.....eventually.  :rofl2:

• Like 1

Just now, helios16v said:

Yeah, it's the new Airfix Mk.2 BS kit.  I'm looking forward to getting to it.....eventually.  :rofl2:

That's the one both my builds are based on, you'll love it. Just watch out for the few mistakes in the instructions on the raised flaps option

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Harrywilliams said:

Go on then Adam, add me in with the 1/72 Contrail Valiant 🤣

Harry

😂 Well it's another body to the list, try not to lose your mind with it

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

Apparently the new tool Airfix Vulcan is delayed to November

I wouldn’t have thought it would have been out any sooner to be honest. Hopefully Airfix will be able to sell it before Christmas as I would think it’ll be a very popular present for many worldwide modellers. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

Add me to the list. V bombers are interesting subject - and new Airfix Vulcan on the horizon, sparks my interest even more. Not to say that it's necessary my subject for this GB, but I'm in any case :) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, reini said:

Add me to the list. V bombers are interesting subject - and new Airfix Vulcan on the horizon, sparks my interest even more. Not to say that it's necessary my subject for this GB, but I'm in any case :) 

Welcome aboard, you're the last member we need to get into the running for next year! 30 members now :D

• Like 1