Revell 1/16 Porsche 356c Cabriolet

I am really glad this build is all over, had quite a lot of issues.

Hardly anything fitted as it should, then half way through the build I discovered that the clear parts were not packed in the box, so had to wait 3 weeks for Revell to send them out.

The body has been painted with a rattle can from Halfords, then 2 gloss coats using Pledge.

It hasn't come out too bad despite the issues :)

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 17

21 minutes ago, andmarsh said:

thats really nice - i love that Body Colour!

Did pledge really give it that nice shine?   through an airbrush?

cheers

Andy

Thankyou.

I didnt airbrush the Pledge on, just brush painted it on, let it dry overnight then gave it another coat :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't have guessed you'd had all those issues looking at it. Great finish on it - I'm not fully satisfied with the finish on my Stratos following airbrushing with Pledge, but by the looks of this model it will be worth me getting a brush out and giving it a second coat - hopefully I can get close to this sort of finish.

The interior looks really neat, the blue paint suits the body well. I think the roof cover is a bit too shiny though, maybe you could tone it down some.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 4:58 AM, andyh said:

I am really glad this build is all over, had quite a lot of issues.

It hasn't come out too bad despite the issues :)

Your outstanding result is all the more of an accomplishment, then!

:worthy:

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Am currently working on one of these, and agree with Andy that the kit has quite a few issues. Sink marks generally and also poor location of the cut off points on the chrome runners are the worst offenders.

If I can get mine looking as good as Andy's model I will be well pleased.

I like the finishing touch of the old style UK plate on his model.

That is just gorgeous!  Superb paint job, great colour choice and finish.  Love the detailed interior too.  I really must work on getting my paintwork to shine a bit.  what precisely is this "Pledge" of which you speak, may I ask?

On 6/4/2023 at 5:03 PM, Neddy said:

That is just gorgeous!  Superb paint job, great colour choice and finish.  Love the detailed interior too.  I really must work on getting my paintwork to shine a bit.  what precisely is this "Pledge" of which you speak, may I ask?

Pledge would have been the then current name of Future / Klear / whatever it’s called by Johnson this week.

Keep an eye out in your local hardware shop, ours had two bottles the other day but I already have enough to cover my SABLE

• Thanks 1

Johnson's stopped making Pledge/Klear a while ago.

There is another product that is very similar made by Holloway House. It is an American product that does the same as Klear.

In the UK it is available from Lakeland at about £16 per carton. Make sure it is the green labelled product when looking at Lakeland' s site.

There is a YouTube video showing it in use on a model car to get some idea of how it is applied. Looks good from what I have seen.

Edited by Noel Smith
  • Thanks 1