High Wing GB Chat ++ WE NOW HAVE GALLERY POLL WINNERS++

CliffB

2 hours ago, desert falcon said:

Hi Cliff,

Indeed an interesting GB subject, please count me in. If my understanding is correct, C130, C17, A400M, C160 Transall and the like would all qualify?

Cheers

Johnny b 

Hi Johnny.  Yes, most definitely.  Any high wing heavy lifter would be very welcome.  I'll add you to the list!

Cheers

Cliff

• Thanks 1

I slight change of plan for me, as I've just committed to build my Skyservant for a group display at next year's Telford show.  So I'll need something else for this GB if it goes ahead.

I'm thinking maybe this, but in French Suez markings :coolio:

P1110078.jpg

Cheers

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

9.jpg

Valiant eligible for this GB? If so, I'm in

Hi Adam, yes I think that wing is high enough!  I'll add you to the list.

Cheers

3 minutes ago, CliffB said:

Hi Adam, yes I think that wing is high enough!  I'll add you to the list.

Cheers

Now I've got to track down another Airfix Valiant or build a Mikromir kit...  Could do with one in 1/144 because that would compete my set of Mk.1 V Bombers in 1/144.

8 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

Now I've got to track down another Airfix Valiant or build a Mikromir kit...  Could do with one in 1/144 because that would compete my set of Mk.1 V Bombers in 1/144.

Being a fan of all things small, my vote would go to the Mikromir kit :winkgrin:

Cheers

On 11/9/2019 at 8:27 PM, vppelt68 said:

I could be interested...if I only knew how to modify the Revell kit to represent Finnish Border Guard maritime patrol aircraft.

2019-11-09_11-23-31

Cool looking scheme, isn't it?

Another great GB idea from Cliff, Sign me up! I have plenty of high wing transports to build.

It is a lovely aircraft and scheme V-P, I have this one started (very early stages) with the Caracal decal sheet to decorate it. I was not going to worry about adding extras, but now I have seen this shot I will have a go. Those lumps and bumps don't look too hard to scratch build. Thanks for the underside shot. Looks like I have some research to do before progressing.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Another great GB idea from Cliff, Sign me up! I have plenty of high wing transports to build.

Thanks Ray.  It will be nice to have you along  :thumbsup2:

Cheers

• Like 2

OK Cliff, I’ve just looked at my stash and there’s quite a few candidates that qualify (actually too many). The two kits that made me take a 2nd look are both from the Classic Airfix back catalogue - Shorts Skyvan and BN Islander. I’d be happy to put my name down and see either (or both) of these kits finished. 

Cheers and Merry Christmas.. Dave 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jabba said:

Having properly read the range extent of this GB count me in.

Thank you Jabba and welcome aboard  :thumbsup2:.

10 hours ago, Avereda said:

I’ve got a couple of options in the stash but the opportunity to have a bash at Lysander will be irresistible, add me to the runners and riders

Definitely!  What's not to like about a Lysander :winkgrin:?

9 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

OK Cliff, I’ve just looked at my stash and there’s quite a few candidates that qualify (actually too many). The two kits that made me take a 2nd look are both from the Classic Airfix back catalogue - Shorts Skyvan and BN Islander. I’d be happy to put my name down and see either (or both) of these kits finished. 

Cheers and Merry Christmas.. Dave 

Thanks Dave. Two real classics there.  

Merry Christmas to you too.

Cheers

17 hours ago, Erwin said:

I've already signed up with the 1/32 nd Lysander.

But this might be another.With engines or glider

The Gigant would be another interesting choice Erwin.  I'm hoping that the GB will tease out some more unusual choices like this :).

Cheers

• Like 1

13 hours ago, johnd said:

There's an MS-230 propping up taking up shelf space in my den, think I'd like to come in with that, please.

John.

Thanks John.  It will be particularly nice to have another inter-build in the GB :thumbsup2:

Cheers

I'm interested.  Back in 1981, Twin Pioneer G-AZHJ of Flight 1 was employed on geomagnetic survey work in Ireland.  I saw it from my bedroom window towing a box behind it.  I'd like to try and model the only 'Twin-Pin' I've seen in its element, but failing that (markings might be beyond me) I'd go for a camouflaged RAF one.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2019 at 11:45 PM, JOCKNEY said:

Thinking about changing my Build to something a bit more unusual, would this one be suitable ?

An Arado 232 would certainly fit the bill Pat :thumbsup2:.  There seems to be a healthy interest in the Heavy Lift options of this Group Build.

On 12/16/2019 at 11:50 PM, helios16v said:

Make sure you ping/pm @Enzo Matrix so he can add it to next year's bumfight list.  ;)

Thanks for the reminder Chris - I will do!

On 12/17/2019 at 1:09 AM, JosephLalor said:

I'm interested.  Back in 1981, Twin Pioneer G-AZHJ of Flight 1 was employed on geomagnetic survey work in Ireland.  I saw it from my bedroom window towing a box behind it.  I'd like to try and model the only 'Twin-Pin' I've seen in its element, but failing that (markings might be beyond me) I'd go for a camouflaged RAF one.

What a great choice Joseph.  I Googled G-AZHJ and it was initially a bit of a shock to see a Twin Pin in colourful civvy markings!  It would make a super model.

On 12/17/2019 at 5:57 PM, modelling minion said:

Fantastic that we have reached the magic number for the GB, and there are some great choices which will make for a very interesting GB.

Thank Craig.  Yes, i hoping that we might see a number of lesser-seen types turning up.  The omens are good so far!

Cheers

• Like 2