High Wing GB Chat ++ WE NOW HAVE GALLERY POLL WINNERS++

CliffB

15 hours ago, nimrod54 said:

I missed this one Cliff. Please add me to the list, I am not sure what I will build yet - possibly a BAe 146/RJ having worked in the 146 manufacturing cell when I was at Chadderton.

A BAe 146 would be very welcome, particularly with your personal connection. 

I can't claim to have built one (in any scale!), but I do have fond memories of many business flights with Jersey/British European :).

• Like 1

On 18/10/2020 at 09:17, CliffB said:

A BAe 146 would be very welcome, particularly with your personal connection. 

Not quite as glamorous as it sounds Cliff. Chadderton produced the Rear Fuselage Assembly of the 146/RJ, made up of a Rear Cabin, Vestibule Drum, Tail Fuselage and Airbrakes (basically the last major assemblies aft of the wing/centre fuselage). The finished assembly was transported to Hatfield and later, when Hatfield closed, to Woodford for final assembly. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

First of all, thanks to all of you who've so far voted for the High Wing GB in the bunfight :thumbsup2:.  As I write, we're sitting in third place, but there's a long way to go before the finish line!

So just to maintain interest (and perhaps sway a few undecided voters), here are a couple more examples of high wingers.  Both 'Russian made' and both in Finnish service :).

P1110749.JPG

P1110295.JPG

Cheers

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bootneck said:

This could give me a reason to build my 1:144 scale Bristol 170 Freighter, Blackburn Beverley and/or Armstrong-Whitworth Argosy.

Mike

Hopefully "and" Mike, rather than "or" - but any one would be a brilliant choice :thumbsup2:

Cheers

37 minutes ago, Scargsy said:

Would biplanes count, e.g. Sopwith Camel?

Hi Scargsy and thanks for your interest.  The answer is yes, multi-wing aircraft would qualify, provided they have at least one 'high wing' (which I'm guessing they all do!).

Cheers

• Like 1

A quick squint at my stash reveals a Potez 540, Bristol Bombay, Handley Page Sparrow, Henschel Hs123, Fiesler Storch, Koolhoven FK.51, Supermarine Stranraer, Saro Lerwick, Short Sunderland, and a few odd biplanes lurking in dusty corners. I like the Stranraer, as it has a shoulder-high lower wing, and an upper wing. 

There's absolutely no way all of those will get finished, let alone started, during the course of the GB! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marklo said:

I have a nice Fokker DVIII and a Lysander in the stash that would fit the bill. Count me in.

Hi Marklo.  I think I'm right in saying that your DVIII is the first proposal that we've had a parasol winged fighter in the GB, so thank you for that :coolio:.

1 hour ago, Heather Kay said:

A quick squint at my stash reveals a Potez 540, Bristol Bombay, Handley Page Sparrow, Henschel Hs123, Fiesler Storch, Koolhoven FK.51, Supermarine Stranraer, Saro Lerwick, Short Sunderland, and a few odd biplanes lurking in dusty corners. I like the Stranraer, as it has a shoulder-high lower wing, and an upper wing. 

There's absolutely no way all of those will get finished, let alone started, during the course of the GB! 

An impressive selection Heather (although I had to Google the FK.51 :winkgrin:)

There was a time when I would only build between-the-wars aircraft, so the Stranraer would definitely be good by me.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's still too early to start counting any chickens🐣, but if High Wings does get through the bunfight I shall be building this little Farman (but in equally colourful Yugoslav civilian markings).

spacer.png

Fingers crossed!

• Like 5

Morning all and thank you to everyone who supported the High Wing GB (and also 'kept the faith' while the change fairies did their worst :winkgrin:).

As always @Enzo Matrix has don't a brilliant job at making everything happen!

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Really glad that this got through Cliff, I've already started looking at schemes for my Hs-126.

Thanks Craig.  Overall, I think we've got a nice mix of GBs this year and I'm looking forward to the New Year.  I'm just hoping that the stiff arm that I'm going to have from all these jabs, isn't going to interfere with my modelling!

Cheers

Hello all, I will join in with this GB too. I have plenty of options for this subject, including lots of biplanes.

Here is another High Wing I built OOB a couple of years ago, from the old Airfix kit:

Airfix Friendship 001

It was only after I had completed it that I found out that things needed adjusting, like that strake(?) in front of the fin!

I am looking forward to this one starting.

All the best,

Ray

• Like 2

• CliffB changed the title to High Wing GB
6 minutes ago, Ray S said:

Hello all, I will join in with this GB too. I have plenty of options for this subject, including lots of biplanes.

Thanks for your interest Ray and for sharing the photo of your Friendship.  It's a kit that I have fond memories of from my childhood (mine was Aer Lingus and definitely not built to your high standard ;)).

I look forward to seeing what you ultimately choose for this GB.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

• CliffB changed the title to High Wing GB: 7th August - 28th November 2021
1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Cliff

I am confident @jean will have a kit that will allow him to join this GB.

Because 🎅 told me !

Cheers Pat 

Hi,

seeing that Pat is still up to some shenanigans, knowing that resistance is futile, and because the GB date is still so far in the remote future, could you please add my name to the list of the damned?

No idea what it will be... but I know it will be high wing.

Cheers

JR

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jean said:

Hi,

seeing that Pat is still up to some shenanigans, knowing that resistance is futile, and because the GB date is still so far in the remote future, could you please add my name to the list of the damned?

No idea what it will be... but I know it will be high wing.

Cheers

JR

Thanks JR. 

I'll certainly put your name on the list, so you should have no problem at the door ;)

Cheers

• Thanks 1