High Wing GB Chat ++ WE NOW HAVE GALLERY POLL WINNERS++

CliffB

3 hours ago, Toryu said:

@CliffB  Will we have a poll after closure of this great groupbuild? I don't see a poll on any of the previous groupbuilds of this year (??)

Thanks, Michael

Hi Michael.  Yes, it's certainly my intention to establish a poll at the end of the GB :thumbsup2:

Most of the GBs that I've participated in this year have had polls, so it sounds as though you might have missed these.  They're not always easy to spot, as they are normally just put at the beginning of the Gallery thread.

Here's an example from the 'Unarmed' Group Build.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks.  Well that's it bar the voting - the Poll is now open, for a week, so please do vote for your favourite model :thumbsup2:

Thank you to all who took part, whether you finished or not, and of course to Dennis @Corsairfoxfouruncle for co-hosting so attentively :cheers:

We've seen a nice variety of subjects, including a good selection of biplanes.  We've also seen more than our fair share of 'strut grief', some of which unfortunately proved to be terminal!

Cheers

• Like 2

Well done everyone, presenting us with some interesting and unusual models to choose from. I’m afraid I rather zoned out after posting my second build, so I’ve spent a happy few minutes visiting the gallery.

Thanks to @CliffB and @Corsairfoxfouruncle for doing the honours.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, ColonelKrypton said:

Too many nice models making it difficult to pick just one favourite. 

cheers, Graham

Yes, too many great models to choose equitably.

Any chance the gallery polls could be five votes or so, like the bunfight? I feel that would spread the recognition around a bit. I could easily pick out five from the current group and wouldn't feel too bad that I left something out. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, drdjp11 said:

Any chance the gallery polls could be five votes or so, like the bunfight? I feel that would spread the recognition around a bit. I could easily pick out five from the current group and wouldn't feel too bad that I left something out. 

You're quite right, the single vote approach is quite brutal.   As far as I can remember it's always been this way with Gallery polls, but I'm sure many would support a change.  Maybe flag the idea up in the Group Build Chat section?  It's too late for this Group Build I'm afraid.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CliffB said:

You're quite right, the single vote approach is quite brutal.   As far as I can remember it's always been this way with Gallery polls, but I'm sure many would support a change.  Maybe flag the idea up in the Group Build Chat section?  It's too late for this Group Build I'm afraid.

Cheers

Appreciate the feedback.

Yeah, I can suggest that, and I volunteered to co-host a GB next year, so we could pioneer it there if I can get people on board.

• Like 1

There must be a way and setting one up with more than one choice has been done before. It may be just a hold over from earlier group builds or perhaps an old tradition. 

The final pole of the  Anything but Injected group build from earlier this year was set up so that you could make up to five choices.  It was not your 1st, 2nd, etc choice but rather just 5 choices all having equal weighting.

cheers, Graham

Edited by ColonelKrypton
grammar due to tinger frouble
  • Like 3

I have made my selection, it was a tough decision to make though. Usually there is one model that stands out, not so in this case. With such a high number of quality builds, I had to shortlist my choices and then make a final decision.

Well done to all who took part, and to Cliff and Co for organising and keeping things ticking along.

Cheers until the next time.

John

• Like 2

Hi all.

The Gallery Poll has now closed and we have three clear winners:

First place goes to @Ray_W and his sublime PZLP.24b 

Joint second (just one vote behind Ray), are @Heather Kay with her Swordfish and @srkirad with his Ikarus IK-2

Congratulations to all three! :clap2:

Cheers

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• CliffB changed the title to High Wing GB Chat ++ WE NOW HAVE GALLERY POLL WINNERS++

Thanks Cliff. Thanks to all who participated and their very nice builds at a high standard. The voting was very close. Fascinating group build. Really enjoyed it.

Ray

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Heather Kay said:

A joint second place is a personal best for me.

Your Swordfish is delightful. :clap2:

Ray

• Like 1

Thanks Cliff, another nice GB is behind us, and didn't dissapoint in terms of plenty of great and diverse models built!

Cya again in some other GB :)

I wish all the best for upcoming holidays to all BritMod members, stay safe and have fun with some new builds!

Srđan

• Like 3

Well I just came back to this and realised i missed the poll. Having seen the winners above I dont disagree with the result.

Spactacular model by @Ray_W  for the PZLP.24b . A worthy winner!

Colin

• Like 1