Bf 109 STGB Chat

Col.

1 hour ago, John Masters said:

Which aspect?

My other half has noticed that there are a lot of kits in the big pile "which all look the same".  It's her birthday in two weeks and I need to stop buying 109 kits with this in mind!

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, jackroadkill said:

Ummmmm, I think I'd be relegated to the shed if I did that.

Not ideal but then again not the worst of accommodations I’m sure ? 

9 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

There's just no pleasing them is there!

No but we must continually try lest our stash become landfill or Ebay fodder. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Not ideal but then again not the worst of accommodations I’m sure ? 

You haven't seen my shed!  It fills with water in the winter etc.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, jackroadkill said:

It fills with water in the winter etc.

Unless you are below the equator, it is coming on summer.  You have at least a few months of "summer"...I use that term loosely. 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 7:54 PM, Muchmirth said:

Hi, Can I please join this as well? I'm entering a bf109 e for the 'less than a tenner gb' and would like to enter here as well if that's ok?

Yes of course. Feel free to get a thread started and share your progress :) 

On 5/24/2021 at 8:01 PM, janneman36 said:

Hmmm still I have Six 109’s, four Airfix E’s and one Hobbycraft D and even a Hasegawa G somewhere in the stash...I think I give it a whirl as I do have some interesting camo  schemes that I would like to show....

@Col.Heck count me in🤪

cheers, Jan

Welcome to the GB Jan :) 

On 5/25/2021 at 8:12 AM, wayne 0 said:

While trying to figure out what to build (and seeing the posts quoting 109 stash numbers), I counted 27 109's in my yet to construct stack.

This constitutes about 1/3rd of my stash.

8 in 1/32nd scale and 19 of the 1/72 variety.

What to build ?:bounce:

Ohh...I also dislike that the Airfix E-3 has been "retro fitted" with an E-4 canopy.

It's always nice to have some choice :) 

On 5/25/2021 at 8:42 AM, Tim R-T-C said:

Damn, my 18 in the stash (and 6 on the way from the Ukraine and maybe another 8 if the Beacon Models Kickstarter funds) seems rather paltry.

Although the 109 currently represents about 5% of the total airframes in my stash...

I might stop keeping a spreadsheet, it is disturbing!

Hopefully Beacon Models does work out. They've some interesting subjects planned :pray:

On 5/26/2021 at 8:02 PM, John Masters said:

I cannot believe the begins this weekend.  Where does the time go?  I may have to do some serious bench-reshuffling to make this happen.  I've got a serious 109 jones happening...

51205793444_e2c95b3d6c_c_d.jpg

I might either sort them out by manufacturer (AZ/KP/ICM/Tamiya/Airfix, etc...) or just build Gustavs...or build alphabetically (A,B,C,D, etc...)...maybe by operator?

I feel like maybe I have a problem...🤪

Not enough hours in the day to build models is indeed a serious problem!

11 hours ago, jackroadkill said:

Ummmmm, I think I'd be relegated to the shed if I did that.

Think of all the peace and free time you'd have to work on 109 models :D 

11 hours ago, exdraken said:

Huiiiii, another hard to pass GB...

I am thinking of a Spanish Tripala... meaning a SBS conversion for the Tamiya G...

Sounds good Werner :speak_cool:

2 hours ago, Col. said:

I know some of you are well aware our GB is now underway and have threads already posted but here's a wee reminder we can officially start now :bounce:

I'm just starting decals for my Less Than A Tenner GBUnarmed GB, and Anything But Injection GB entries.

I reckon I'll be able to join around next weekend.

I looked over my Bf109s earlier in the week, planning the schemes I'd paint.  All kits mentioned in my previous post remain in  my stash.

Italeri-Bf109-G6.jpg

Revell-Pro-Modeller-Bf109.jpg

plus an ancient bagged Airfix G6 kit.

These two were build for the Battle of Britain 80th Anniversary GB

Academy Bf109E

Academy-Bf109-E-RP.jpg

and the one that got away, Airfix 109E

Airfix-Messerschmitt-Bf109-E-FP.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Col. said:

some of you are well aware our GB is now underway

Hi Col,

I'll be along shortly, just adding the last bits and bobs to my 1/24 Spitfire!

Cheers,

• Like 1

Work has been manic and I'd like to apologise to the group builds I have missed in the last few months.

However, I can attend this one and have the Eduard 1:48 Profipack 109E and a Weekend Edition G.

I'll be along shortly!

• Like 1

Yep, I'm a slacker.  Got 4 builds in progress and have asked to join the Less than a Tenner GB, too.  What to do?  I know!  I'll start a 109!

Rgds

Martin

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Col. said:

I know some of you are well aware our GB is now underway and have threads already posted but here's a wee reminder we can officially start now :bounce:

Ye gods, I have no recollection whatsoever of putting my name against this one, but there I am on the list. I don't even have a 109 in the stash. Right, once I've got Unarmed and Less Than A Tenner out of the way I'll find myself a kit (and a nice easy paint scheme) and get busy.

• Like 3

@Col. Oh man... I really need to hurry up my Africa build or I will run out of time. And my Unarmed build is still very much WIP. And now it's the Bf 109 STGB... 😮 But I did finish one build today! ... but it was sadly non-Gb build so I get no points for that. :D Buuut...  maybe after that, a Mersu. I'll just pop up a thread already in case I feel like dabbling with the cockpit at some point in the near future. I'll need to check if I can get my dad to join too, he is a big fan of 1:48 109's. Currently building his number 15 and 16 I think.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Col. said:

Apologies Col, I hac forgotten that I signed up for this one and there's not a lot in the stash. I do have a 1/144 Mark 1 kit of a 109 G-4 kit that I can make as a starter and I fancy having a crack at one of the new Special Hobby kits, but I will have to order one of those. I'll start a thread for the little kit tomorrow.

Cheers

John

• Like 2