Bf 109 STGB Chat

Col.

38 minutes ago, nimrod54 said:

I fancy having a crack at one of the new Special Hobby kits, but I will have to order one of those.

I've got one of these in my stash and I can't wait to build it as it looks like a really good kit.  There's a good chance it will feature in this GB if I can get my backside into gear fast enough.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, jackroadkill said:

I've got one of these in my stash and I can't wait to build it as it looks like a really good kit.  There's a good chance it will feature in this GB if I can get my backside into gear fast enough.

It looks to be a really nice kit Jack, but I can look for an alternative kit if you are building yours.

Cheers

John

2 minutes ago, nimrod54 said:

It looks to be a really nice kit Jack, but I can look for an alternative kit if you are building yours.

Cheers

John

Go ahead with yours, John.  Mine's about three or four down the list so there's every chance it won't make an appearance.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, Torbjorn said:

I see my name, but the schedule put 4 of ”my” GBs overlapping now and zero the rest of the year :( Won’t make it I believe.

It's always frustrating when the GBs we want to participate in are clustered together but such is life. At least participation is not mandatory ;) 

22 hours ago, Andwil said:

Unfortunately with a house move in the offing I’m not going to be able to join in.

Apologies.

AW

Good luck with the house move AW!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Col, I cannot believe I have not signed up for this STGB.  I have a fair selection of Bf 109s to choose from, every mark from the E to a K mostly in 1/48th but on a whim I bought a Tamiya 1/48th Bf 109G-6.  I will be building it as a Luftwaffe Reich defence aircraft but not sure at this time which one, I will have to look through my AM decals for something interesting.

IMG_1612

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

Hi Col, I cannot believe I have not signed up for this STGB.  I have a fair selection of Bf 109s to choose from, every mark from the E to a K mostly in 1/48th but on a whim I bought a Tamiya 1/48th Bf 109G-6.  I will be building it as a Luftwaffe Reich defence aircraft but not sure at this time which one, I will have to look through my AM decals for something interesting.

IMG_1612

There's always room for another participant in this party Bob. Welcome to the GB :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Apologies @Col., I've decided I'm going to have to sit this one out. As i said i don't have a 109 in the stash and my kit buying has been a bit overenthusiastic of late, fast approaching SABLE (Stash Amassed Beyond Life Expectancy) status now. Still got two other GBs to finish off and I'd like a bit of breathing space between them and French Fancy, for which I do have something lined up. Also better weather + relaxed restrictions = me away a lot, so my work rate is going to be even slower! I'll keep an eye on the WIPs though and cheer people along. 

• Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 7:51 AM, Col. said:

I think I've given away my only 109 to my son to build. I'll check the stash and see if I can join in once my under a tenner is completed.

• Like 1

@TonyOD, no worries fella. attendance isn't mandatory ;) Like you I have too many other unfinished projects littering my workbench and little time to do much about them far less start another and moderating this GB is going to keep me busy. Please feel free to join in the banter as we go though :) 

@Richard Tucker, no rush, always happy to see existing projects getting finished and there's plenty time left to join this GB once you're free and suitably equipped :) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Valkyrie said:

Hi Col @Col.. I am wondering if this is incomplete enough to enter? From my failed Africa GB attempt....

51217658552_73cca8243a_b.jpg

There's plenty remaining to do on this one so please do get a thread started and continue your progress here :)

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Bill Davis said:

I have ten BF-109's in my stash, so I am in. 

Excellent! Am I correct in thinking your profile badge also has a 109 connection Bill?

• Like 1

Another plea for late entry here,got at least 16 109s in the stash,but dusted off this old fella from 2003,intend to add the Legend resin pilot and build her in Flight config.

dMAr3D.jpg

Cheers 

Andy

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Carts said:

Another plea for late entry here,got at least 16 109s in the stash,but dusted off this old fella from 2003,intend to add the Legend resin pilot and build her in Flight config.

dMAr3D.jpg

Cheers 

Andy

In you come Andy :) Plenty of room at the GB table even for a large one.

• Thanks 1

On 5/31/2021 at 4:13 PM, Col. said:

@airfixpeter that's a nice selection of different options.

@Muchmirth no rush as finishing an existing project is always the honourable thing to do.

@Tim R-T-C that's certainly flat-packed. Hope there was no damage to the kit parts?

No, seems to all be fine. I think it is their standard practice, reduces shipping costs and means the boxes themselves arrived without a dent, so can't complain.

---

Since I've got several C and D models to build, can anyone recommend a book on the types, particularly in pre-war and early war Luftwaffe service. I've looked at my go-to Osprey range but they don't seem to cover this specifically.

Thanks

23 hours ago, Col. said:

Excellent! Am I correct in thinking your profile badge also has a 109 connection Bill?

Yes, Jagdgeschwader 51. 

• Thanks 1