Bf 109 STGB Chat

Col.

18 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

If there isn't a self help group for 109 kits stash compulsion already, you are certainly well qualified enough to start one !

This is it Pat ;) 

18 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Pat, it's been quite difficult to keep myself from posting Philip the W.W.E... etc :rofl2:

Same :shutup:

4 hours ago, Fifer54 said:

Can we have an "Inspiration" thread? Post photos of your previously completed 109s, and of any  real aircraft that have inspired you to build 109s?

That is my intention yes :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Marklo said:

Well I have three of them :) it’s a nice kit but it does annoy me as the canopy is the wrong style for an E-3.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who's irked by that!

• Like 2

Hmmm still I have Six 109’s, four Airfix E’s and one Hobbycraft D and even a Hasegawa G somewhere in the stash...I think I give it a whirl as I do have some interesting camo  schemes that I would like to show....

@Col.Heck count me in🤪

cheers, Jan

• Like 2

While trying to figure out what to build (and seeing the posts quoting 109 stash numbers), I counted 27 109's in my yet to construct stack.

This constitutes about 1/3rd of my stash.

8 in 1/32nd scale and 19 of the 1/72 variety.

What to build ?:bounce:

Ohh...I also dislike that the Airfix E-3 has been "retro fitted" with an E-4 canopy.

Edited by wayne 0
missed a moan
  • Haha 2

Damn, my 18 in the stash (and 6 on the way from the Ukraine and maybe another 8 if the Beacon Models Kickstarter funds) seems rather paltry.

Although the 109 currently represents about 5% of the total airframes in my stash...

I might stop keeping a spreadsheet, it is disturbing!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

109F-4 of Hans Dobrich  6./JG5 Petsamo Finland 30th June 1942

Photo posting practice.

DDACC98A-8BFA-4E73-83DA-12C5FADD5618 6FF1B26C-BFB8-4113-A6A7-9B0DE3DA8E7D

C9495E1D-4DB6-45C3-AEDF-81E4960BA41E

Not that happy with photos, but pics worked.

Meant to put these in the inspiration gallery

Edited by wayne 0
ooops
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hello Everyone,

Would like to ask for some help. I'm not a 109 expert by any means ( or anything else for that matter.) But, would like to join with (at least) one 109.

Here is a link to the Bf109F that I would like more information on. I cannot find anything online.

Thank You

Moe

Edited by CanadaMoe
use link to picture
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, CanadaMoe said:

Hello Everyone,

Would like to ask for some help. I'm not a 109 expert by any means ( or anything else for that matter.) But, would like to join with (at least) one 109.

Here is a link to the Bf109F that I would like more information on. I cannot find anything online.

Thank You

Moe

Yellow 5 of Jg.53. Not sure what else I can tell from the link. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Thanks 1

I cannot believe the begins this weekend.  Where does the time go?  I may have to do some serious bench-reshuffling to make this happen.  I've got a serious 109 jones happening...

51205793444_e2c95b3d6c_c_d.jpg

I might either sort them out by manufacturer (AZ/KP/ICM/Tamiya/Airfix, etc...) or just build Gustavs...or build alphabetically (A,B,C,D, etc...)...maybe by operator?

I feel like maybe I have a problem...🤪

• Haha 8

52 minutes ago, John Masters said:

I cannot believe the begins this weekend.  Where does the time go?  I may have to do some serious bench-reshuffling to name this happen.  I've got a serious 109 jones happening...

I might either sort them out by manufacturer (AZ/KP/ICM/Tamiya/Airfix, etc...) or just build Gustavs...or build alphabetically (A,B,C,D, etc...)

When I see stuff like that I feel so much better about my (in comparison) modest collection of 109 kits.

• Haha 2

Just now, modelling minion said:

Good job there are plenty of interesting schemes to choose from.

Almost too many...I'll do some sorting out tomorrow.  I would like to make a dent in that box.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Masters said:

I cannot believe the begins this weekend.  Where does the time go?  I may have to do some serious bench-reshuffling to make this happen.  I've got a serious 109 jones happening...

I might either sort them out by manufacturer (AZ/KP/ICM/Tamiya/Airfix, etc...) or just build Gustavs...or build alphabetically (A,B,C,D, etc...)...maybe by operator?

I think you've got the same problem that I have.

68 kits from 23 different manufacturers, new kits to old relics, don't forget all aftermarket decal sheets that you never gonna use but still bought.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SAU said:

68 kits from 23 different manufacturers, new kits to old relics, don't forget all aftermarket decal sheets that you never gonna use but still bought.

Maybe we're twins separated at birth...😃

• Haha 2

This is my ambitious stack for this GB.  The ICM Emil is set up to be Swiss, btw.  The rest will be OOB.  If I get halfway through this lot I'll be pleased.

51206094363_98f093cd24_c_d.jpg

--John

• Like 9