Bf 109 STGB Chat

Col.

I presume derivatives like the Avia S99 qualify as I’ve just acquired a pair of KP kits?  One will be Israeli the other probably Czech.

That brings me up to 8 kits, but I still want to do some G6s which would make 11 ( a nice significant number, I mean where do you go after 10?)

Roll on may, starting to clear the decks for full on me109 production :)

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Marklo said:

I presume derivatives like the Avia S99 qualify as I’ve just acquired a pair of KP kits?  One will be Israeli the other probably Czech.

That brings me up to 8 kits, but I still want to do some G6s which would make 11 ( a nice significant number, I mean where do you go after 10?)

Roll on may, starting to clear the decks for full on me109 production :)

Yes of course :)  The various derivatives of the 109 design are all welcome in this GB.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Work In Progress said:

Can I come in please? Not sure what I am building... possibly a Battle of Britain Buchon, possibly a Czech Avia S-199, either way will be 1/48.

Yes, of course, you're most welcome :) I'm hoping we'll have a few S-199 and Buchon in the mix to illustrate the whole 109 timeline.

I just saw a review of the new Special Hobby Emil in 1/72nd.  Looks too good to pass up.  It's even got an engine!  

This will be a fun-filled GB for sure.  Somewhat bordering on the obsessive, but that can be fun too!

😁🤪

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, John Masters said:

I just saw a review of the new Special Hobby Emil in 1/72nd.  Looks too good to pass up.  It's even got an engine!  

This will be a fun-filled GB for sure.  Somewhat bordering on the obsessive, but that can be fun too!

😁🤪

It was good of Special Hobby to get that kit into the shops in good time for this GB :D 

32 minutes ago, Johnson said:

Good grief John, I certainly hope not.

I want pure OTT obsession!

:rofl:

Mild to wild; it's all good ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, John Masters said:

Spurred on by your comment, I had a quick look at reviews. Found one on Hyperscale, and Julian's posted a very good review here on BM. It does look amazing! But with a Tamiya G-6 and a Fine Molds G-2 planned, I'd never get the E-4 done, I have one work rate, slow. But as you say, it really does look too good to pass up. Might have to increase the stash slightly... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My SH Emil arrived a while ago and it's a good kit (or that's my pre-build impression, at any rate).

There's a strong possibility it will make an appearance in this GB.  Well, assuming I don't build it first, that is...  Either way, I think I have nine 109s in the stash, so I'll scrape something together.

• Like 3

Looking through my 109 bin...V tails, a 109H, a Freddie, a two-seater, captured and re-purposed, multiple Axis aircraft...etc...

For me, this will be a craaazy GB....

And in the middle of all of this I will, hopefully, be renovating a house for my own use, slowly moving my belongings across town in a slow transition and developing scads of film in a refitted darkroom.  And...oh yes...I don't see the Greek lockdown disappearing anytime soon.  The gov't has told us to expect 'rolling lockdowns' for the extended future.  Lovely.  

Crossed fingers!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I have been looking at Scalemates and I discovered that the Special Hobby G-6 'Mersu over Finland' kit is actually a re-boxed AZ Model G-6.  Huh.  The Emil, on the other hand, is all new.  I look forward to building it, cowling open.

• Like 2

AZmodel owed Special Hobby some money, and they made a deal where AZ supplied SH a truckload of their Gustav sprues. SH added some non-plastic parts and new decals and packed them under their label, voilá. Not worse than regular AZm kits, but definitely not worth the extra money. Check its instructions and content here: https://www.scalemates.com/kits/special-hobby-sh72394-messerschmitt-bf-109g-6--1148276 V-P

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2021 at 11:32 AM, mike romeo said:

Hi folks, we'll see how it goes, but if possible, I'd like to join with the Heller K4 and the AZ G-14A/S.

Rgds

Martin

You're welcome to join in at any point when you can with those Martin :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Col. said:

You're welcome to join in at any point when you can with those Martin :) 

Cheers, Col!

I'm also casting longing looks at the 1:48 Eduard G-10 Regensburg Weekend in my stash, but that may be a Gustav too far.

Rgds

Martin

18 hours ago, mike romeo said:

Cheers, Col!

I'm also casting longing looks at the 1:48 Eduard G-10 Regensburg Weekend in my stash, but that may be a Gustav too far.

Rgds

Martin

Those Eduard kits are rather nice so it may be best policy to do the Heller and AZ kits prior to that one to avoid colouring your judgement of the of them

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, reini said:

I think I will join with Eduard's 1/48 "Mersu", with the air race special livery that's on the box cover. 

I'll try to get my dad to join too - he likes 109's. 

Sounds great Reini. I've taken the liberty of adding your dad in at number 50 so hopefully he does join us :) 

• Like 1

This is an advance notice advert. Its not a 'for sale'

I have a number of 1/72 Buchon noses for converting the Airfix 109G to the Buchon.

I got a load of them in a swop deal with their maker, afair his name was Smith

When / if I can find them I'll be putting them up in the 'free to a new home' section

• Like 3

I had to go and count, I have 16 finished  (Academy G-6, Airfix E and G-8, AZmodel  5*G-6 and a G-6/AS, Hasegawa 2*G-6, Heller G-6, Hobby Boss, G-8, Matchbox E, Revell G-6/AS and Zvezda F-2) and in the display cabinet, 1 finished and then scrapped (Heller F after 2nd life as a paint mule), 2 wip (Italeri F dumped and AZmodel G-6 in the Interceptor GB) and only 3 in the stash (Hasegawa G:s) - apparently, I need to buy more, soon! See, I have no Fine Molds or Tamiyas at all :shrug:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hmmmm🤔 3 D’s (one in the stash two built), 3 E’s built, & 4 G’s (two -6’s a Mersu and Standard and two 10’s) still need a couple more E’s, some F’s, a K, and a T in my collection before im happy. Im hoping to build the last Dora in Polish campaign colors, and maybe an F for the build. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 2