Bf 109 STGB Chat

Col.

Hi,

can you put me on the list please?

Nothing fancy: I have two Airfix 1/72   Bf 109 E-4 and E-7 left in the stash, as well as an Italeri Bf 109 F-2. I guess I will go for one of the Emils.

Cheers

JR

• Like 3

15 hours ago, jean said:

Hi,

Nothing fancy: I have two Airfix 1/72   Bf 109 E-4 and E-7 left in the stash, as well as an Italeri Bf 109 F-2. I guess I will go for one of the Emils.

Cheers

JR

You're already on the list Jean so if I put your name in again that means you'll have to do at least two ;) 

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

I’ll come along for the ride, I enjoyed the last one. I’ll probably go for a 1/48 Airfix kit.

Welcome along Ozzy. The newish Airfix kit looks to be a good one from all accounts :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Col. said:

You're already on the list Jean so if I put your name in again that means you'll have to do at least two ;)  

OOOOPS!!!!!:whistle:

• Haha 2

Ooops, I built one of my stash.

spacer.png

Only got three tropical, one early, two Barbarossa winter and four Barbarossa summer versions left. Hope they last another year!

Although the new G and K releases from Mark 1 and C from Armory might prompt a restock....

• Like 6

On 6/20/2020 at 6:16 PM, Tim R-T-C said:

Ooops, I built one of my stash...

Only got three tropical, one early, two Barbarossa winter and four Barbarossa summer versions left. Hope they last another year!

Although the new G and K releases from Mark 1 and C from Armory might prompt a restock....

If you do build the kits in your stash that means you'll have plenty room to re-stock ;) 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/06/2020 at 21:08, jean said:

Hi,

Cheers

JR

Wheres Enzo when you need him ? 😉

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Wheres Enzo when you need him ? 😉

Hi Pat,

to be truthful I had forgotten I had put a cross against my name for the 109 GB!!!

We all have our foibles, and the Bf 109 is a serious one for me... More specifically any 109 without the machine gun blisters of the G-6 and its brethrens!

Oh well, I am too old and too ugly to apologize.....

And yes, where is Enzo when he is needed?

Have fun.

JR

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, wayne 0 said:

Hi all.

I have many 109's in the stash and would love to join in if that's cool.

Perhaps a Cyber Hobby 1/32 Emil or a MPM 109T or H.

Decision paralysis as usual.

Welcome to the party Wayne. You've a bit of time to make that choice but I'm sure a few of us will be willing to try exerting some (less than) subtle influence on your decision :D 

• Like 1

I have committed to a Zwilling and have been hunting for information. I seem to only come up with speculation and interpretations and schemes typically of the  the planned aircraft based on the Gustav rather than the actually built Friedrich based prototype that was damaged by Allied bombing leading to delay and ultimate cancellation of the project. I prefer to build something less speculative. I have see no images of the actual aircraft. Plans are available, although, these have no reference to the original source and similarly they may be speculation. Any information you can share would be greatly appreciated. I intend to scratch build the necessary modifications rather than source the resin conversions that were available. The build will be based on a pair of 1/48 Zvezda F-4's.

I thought one option is to use factory images of Friedrichs under construction with their typical assembly components coming together and use this as my interpretation. It would then be represented in a close to complete and believable state in factory.

Irrespective, you can count me in for two Bulgarian aircraft an Emil and Gustav.

Ray

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Col. said:

it there's no existing photos of the prototype

Sadly, seems to be the case. Maybe one of the members might be able to shed some light. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, klr said:

I have no idea why I've not joined this GB before, but let me put that to rights.

Your name is now on the list :) Any thoughts on a particular subject(s)?

26 minutes ago, Steve 1602 said:

I’d like to sign up for this one please. Dependent on how I get on in the BoB GB I may have a 109E or two to offer in, and I also rather fancy building a 109F.

There is the new Eduard release too that you know you will have by then...I know I probably will 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Col. said:

Your name is now on the list :) Any thoughts on a particular subject(s)?

Who knows? It's been a long time since I built an Emil, goodness knows why. Actually, I might build one for the forthcoming Heller GB, as this GB is 9 months away. But there will still be plenty left in the stash for next summer.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

@Ozzy oh yesss, good stuff, I might have to stick this on a little back order too, nice! Wonder if it would come in time to fire one out for the Battle of Britain build...

• Like 2

On 17 August 2020 at 22:27, Valkyrie said:

@Ozzy oh yesss, good stuff, I might have to stick this on a little back order too, nice! Wonder if it would come in time to fire one out for the Battle of Britain build...

They say end of September so hopefully.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
10 hours ago, TonyOD said:

I'm up for this, if I can find a camo scheme easy enough!

Late war Luftwaffe overall light grey is about as simple as they come but sure there others :) 

• Thanks 1