Bf 109 STGB Chat

Col.

1 hour ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Has anyone volunteered @nimrod54? :wicked:He’s good for an arm twisting and surely (don’t call him Shirley) will have something suitable in 144 In his stash  :rofl:

I might be tempted to make a guest appearance if the fee is right. :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, nimrod54 said:

I might be tempted to make a guest appearance if the fee is right. :lol:

I'm adding your name anyway :tease:

• Haha 4

• 2 months later...

Who's got a few spare 109s in the stash and need a good reason to build them in great company? Because here it is :) 

• Like 2

It certainly looks as if you do @John D.C. Mastersbut at the rate you complete projects I've a feeling that box will get seriously depleted if not fully emptied during the course of this event :D 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Col. said:

I've a feeling that box will get seriously depleted if not fully emptied during the course of this event :D 

I can't help it.  I'm an addict.  🤪  But I would like the 109 GB.  😁

I have had to slap a moratorium on my kit purchases.  :nono:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

I can't help it.  I'm an addict.  🤪  But I would like the 109 GB.  😁

Enzo The Great is sorting us out some suitable dates for this to happen :) 

2 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

I have had to slap a moratorium on my kit purchases.  :nono:

Sadly I have done the same. Too much stash coupled to a lack of free time and display space at the moment means I can't justify buying more kits to myself.

2 minutes ago, Col. said:

Enzo The Great is sorting us out some suitable dates for this to happen :) 

Sadly I have done the same. Too much stash coupled to a lack of free time and display space at the moment means I can't justify buying more kits to myself.

That's what I keep telling myself too.....

And a pair of 1/72 Tomcats & F-2 eggplane still showed up.....somehow.....  :shrug:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, helios16v said:

That's what I keep telling myself too.....
And a pair of 1/72 Tomcats & F-2 eggplane still showed up.....somehow.....  :shrug:

So far this year all I've added to the stash is the new Airfix MiG-17 and a second-hand AV-8A but the former will go into the Vietnam GB inspired by reading Roger Boniface's MiGs Over North Vietnam while the latter was going cheap on eBay due to lacking the instructions and gives me the chance to use two other decal options from the Cut Then Add decal sheet both are really justified as making better use of existing resources :whistle:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Col. said:

It certainly looks as if you do @John D.C. Mastersbut at the rate you complete projects I've a feeling that box will get seriously depleted if not fully emptied during the course of this event :D 

So that box should not be written "Finnish" it should be "Finish". I like that motivation. I must write it on all kit boxes.🤔

Ray

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Did I miss this one?  Count me in...

I have a few (Bf 109:s) in the stash...🤪

The other box is full of Finnish stuff.

Ah, the way I see it, we're going to witness you building a lot of Finnish Bf 109:s :bounce:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, John D.C. Masters said:

I actually only have one kit of the Finnish 109.  The rest are other Freddies and Gustavs, etc...

Oh but that´s just a decal issue then! Almost any 1:72 Gustav- kit can be Finlandized, even a G-10, if you can live with the tiny tiny differences between it and a G-6/AS :coolio:. V-P

• Like 2

On 12/8/2019 at 9:43 AM, Col. said:

Anyone else want to join in?

And you never thought to ask me? I am now officially huffing :hmmm:

Duncan B

p.s. please add my name to the list :jump_fire:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Oh...I know...you're making me swoon.  I have yet to build a German 109.  Maybe I should do that.  

Nah, you don't want to do that, they're boring :tease:

31 minutes ago, Duncan B said:

Duncan B

Ah, there you are, what kept you? :D 

By the way gang, in a way you all have Duncan to thank for this STGB, this fine gentleman was responsible for me having two 109 in the stash via Blackmike Models and deciding to propose we get together for the purpose of building them ;) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Duncan B said:

Duncan B

7 minutes ago, Col. said:

By the way gang, in a way you all have Duncan to thank for this STGB, this fine gentleman was responsible for me having two 109 in the stash via Blackmike Models and deciding to propose we get together for the purpose of building them ;) 

Thats ⬆️ why the Thanks Duncan. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Col. said:

Ah, there you are, what kept you? :D 

Now I have to check to see if I have any Bf109s in the stash, or is that "anything other than"? Ah, yes I should be ok, 85 Bf109s in 1/72, 18 in 1/48 and 4 in 1/32. I think I might be able to find one to do!

Duncan B

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Duncan B said:

Now I have to check to see if I have any Bf109s in the stash, or is that "anything other than"? Ah, yes I should be ok, 85 Bf109s in 1/72, 18 in 1/48 and 4 in 1/32. I think I might be able to find one to do!

Only one? :hmmm:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, vppelt68 said:

Ah, WWES... :wicked:

44 minutes ago, John D.C. Masters said:

107? I feel better now.  Maybe I am not an addict so much as a frequent modeller! 🤪

I think 107 is stretching the limits of What Would @Enzo MatrixDo (W.W.E.M.D.) beyond its limits :lol: 

Due credit to @Duncan Bfor having quite a collection of finished 109 to show already though. Think it's fair to say his Display/Stash ratio is more balanced than many of us, certainly far better than my Harrier D/S ratio anyway :blush:

• Haha 1