Bf 109 STGB Chat

Col.

Although we've had previous editions for this subject let's all get together and do it again from  29 May 2021 to 29 August 2021

Eligible builds: Messerschmitt Bf 109 including prototypes and racers, production models from A to Z and their direct descendants, Hispanos, and Avias. If you want to build a V-tail G-0 go ahead. Spanish Civil War, WWII, Israeli early years, movie 'planes, post war use in various European air forces - you just can´t say there isn't enough build options.

Names

1, Col. (Co-host)

2, @Corsairfoxfouruncle(Co-host)

3, @vppelt68(Co-host)

4, @franky boy

5, @rob85

6, @Torbjorn

7, @Walter

8, @CliffB

9, @BIG X

10, @Adam Poultney

11, @Sturmovik

12, @Erwin

13, @Arniec

14, @Mottlemaster

15, @Ettore

16, @Joss

17, @Valkyrie

18, @helios16v

19, @Dansk

20, @theplasticsurgeon

21, @sampanzer

22, @polybebber

23, @Black Knight

24, @Hockeyboy76

25, @jean

26, @nimrod54

27, @John D.C. Masters

28, @Duncan B

29, @Ray_W

30, @Tim R-T-C

31, @Niknak

32, @Andwil

33, @Ozzy

34, @wayne 0

35, @klr

36, @Steve 1602

37, @TonyOD

38, @Marklo

39, @At Sea

40, @jackroadkill

41, @Richard Tucker

42, @stevej60

43, @Johnson

44, @Si2

45, @PeterB

46, @GREG DESTEC

47, @Work In Progress

48, @mike romeo

49, @reini

50, @reini's dad

51, @Johnv

52, @English Electric

53, @trickyrich

54, @Davek72

55, @airfixpeter

56, @JOCKNEY

57, @Fifer54

58, @wayne 0

59, @planecrazee

60, @fmichelsen

61, @MattG

62, @Prenton

63, @Muchmirth

64, @janneman36

Edited by Col.
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Col. said:

Co-host?) Note question mark. He hasn't offered but rather is getting press-ganged into it by his fellow co-hosts :whistle:

No objections here, @Sturmovik, @f111guru, & @Walter might be interested in a 109 group build as well ? 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Walter said:

Sounds cool, 2021, why so far away,  excuse my ignorance. 

Only because, Ghost Rider, the pattern is full! There are at least these future STGB:s with already allocated slots, I may have missed one or two 😕

• P-51 12/19-3/20
  • Stuka 1-4/20
  • Lancaster 2-5/20
  • S´fire 4-7/20
  • Corsair 5-8/20
  • Buccaneer 5-8/20
  • T-34 6-9/20
  • He 111 7-10/20
  • Tonka 9-12/20
  • Pz V 10/20-1/21
  • Pz III 2-5/21

The A-4 Skyhawk proposal stands currently at 21 and both F/A-18 and MiG-25 at 16, so likely to reach the Calendar before this one. Welcome aboard! V-P

• Thanks 1

Please add me to the list - I have 2 x 1/24 Airfix kits languishing in the loft that I haven't had the will to build, but this might just spur me into action.

• Like 3

Welcome to the fun everyone and apologies for not making the time to respond on a more personal level. Here we are now at 13 names already and a couple of potential projects shown by way of Erwin's 48th scale Fujimi G-K kit and BIG X thinking to get not one but two of the Airfix 24th scale 'Superkit's down from the loft. For my own part there's a pair of the Eduard 'Overtrees' 45.5th scale G-6 kits in a box under the bench with one set of decals in there to create a Croatian machine and another set of decals on the way for Yugoslavian options with a plan to try for the UMe-109 conversion. What's everyone else planning?

Haha... I don't plan to deviate from building 72nd scale aircraft models only. My last AZmodel Gustav will be built before this GB so the workbench will be clear for one or two of them  Tamiya G-6 delicacies. Of the 14 Bf109:s in my display cabinet, only 11 are models of Finnish AF MT:s. I see no reason to add to the non-Finnish part of them 🙂

Is this a good plan?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Erm... Maybe I tried to write it in an unncessary complicated way 😁. Definitely a Finnish scheme, no other options!

Nah it was me not reading you right. I've also had a quick look at the Finnish 109s and didn't realise quite how many great schemes they were painted in so it looks as if you've plenty options :D 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Col. said:

What's everyone else planning?

Two plus builds for me, and the leading contenders are. one of these two bare metal G6’s. xyPlkzm.png

LBZ1QWU.pngThen the other kit will be one of these three. 

oBa7IMU.png

Hans-Joachim Marseille “F” ⬆️

nnON8Q5.png

This G8 ⬆️ or this G6.

https://www.asisbiz.com/il2/Bf109G/NAG12.html

⬇️ though the picture is off ? Its Green 5. 

JBZ9MZ1.jpg

Thats where I'm at right now. If they go quick then I’ll probably do a third. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 2

I've come across 'Red 8' recently as a subject somewhere but can't remeber if it was a decal sheet or an option in one of the AZ kits @Corsairfoxfouruncle but the Yugoslav-based G-8 looks particularly interesting. An interesting selection of options you have there :speak_cool:

• Thanks 1

Red “8” and Green “5” are both options on Eduards and AZ kits and there’s an A/M sheet with the G8 but I've already done the G8 once before a few years ago. I just like the camouflage on that so its one i may re-do. I do believe the “Marseille” 109 is widely available in every scale so wont be hard to find or replicate. 

• Like 2