PZL P.11a (IBG 1/72)

rav

PZL P.11a of the 112 Eskadra Myśliwska (Fighter Squadron), Zaborów airfield near Warsaw, September 1939. The aircraft was damaged in air combat and then destroyed by Poles before being captured by Germans.

The kit: IBG 1/72.

4824.jpg
4825.jpg
4826.jpg
4827.jpg
4828.jpg
4829.jpg
4830.jpg
4831.jpg
4832.jpg
4833.jpg
4834.jpg
4835.jpg
4836.jpg
4837.jpg
4838.jpg
4839.jpg
4840.jpg
4841.jpg
4842.jpg
4843.jpg
4844.jpg
4845.jpg
4846.jpg

• Like 27

Very nice! This recall me that I have not got it yet.

I like your khaki. Which exactly paint have you used? Apparently I started to accept brown on P11...

The in air photos looks great, but  would be nicer with a pilot in cockpit ;) 

Cheers

J-W

This is the first model I painted with Hataka paints. C011 Light Polish Khaki and C036 Light Blue-Grey from orange set HTK-CS01 "Polish Air Force Paint Set". I'm hery happy with these paints. I feel no difference to Gunze Mr.Colors I'm used to but the Hataka need no or very little thinner before use.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I like your P.11, it's a very nice airplane in reality and your model. I remember building the Revell kit when I was a boy. It was my first WWII model with a less conventional layout.

What, btw, is the reason of the offset insignia on the top wing - I always wondered?

You did the best you could do with this kit, unlike the IBG whose designer seemingly lacked the inspiration for this project.

Trenches on the upper wing surface (on the photos of the real plane these panels are very subtle).

Bars on the undersurface instead of thin sheet ribs (on the actual plane these are only as thick as two bolted metal sheets could be) - same goes for vertical tail.

Bizzare cockpit with funny seat and lousy incorporated side structure.

Horrible clear parts.

Propeller lacking definition around blades at spinner level.

Indentations for the struts under the wings are larger than strut heads so ugly gap remains around. They are also inline when on actual plane they were slightly off.

This is one from the series of IBG gull winged fighters which came after Arma's P-7 and P-11c, having the best chance to surpass them in quality. Either there was not enough motivation or Arma did damn good job, like you who pulled the most out of this product.

Congratulations!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Toryu said:

I like your P.11, it's a very nice airplane in reality and your model. I remember building the Revell kit when I was a boy. It was my first WWII model with a less conventional layout.

What, btw, is the reason of the offset insignia on the top wing - I always wondered?

The asymmetrically placed national markings probably had to do with the ring gunsights of the time. I.e. not helping the enemy fighter use them as guides to center on the cockpit. Romania had the same system when the war started and there wasn`t much consistency in applying this asymmetry, which makes it a nightmare for modellers when there aren`t photos showing both wings of the same aircraft.

• Thanks 1