LEAKED New Tool Airfix Vulcan 1/72

3 minutes ago, Paul J said:

As there is no Telford this year, I wonder what will be the big kit for late 2021? We now know the Vulcan and some others are going to be late, will any other new releases planned for '21 be announced?

They apparently scanned the Cosford Lincoln a while ago.... hoping for a Lincoln, but I'd rather see a Manchester.

Edited by Adam Poultney
  • Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2020 at 8:01 PM, Adam Poultney said:

I didn’t like the music......

Now I’m definitely not buying one.

• Haha 5
On 04/11/2020 at 13:40, Paul J said:

As there is no Telford this year, I wonder what will be the big kit for late 2021? We now know the Vulcan and some others are going to be late, will any other new releases planned for '21 be announced?

Not really bothered what, if any, the "big kit" will be.

I'm looking forward to the cries and howls of:

Wrong scale

Wrong type

Wrong version

Yet another aeroplane, why  not  (insert)!.

It's the (insert) anniversary of (insert). Airfix missed a chance to commemorate by not updating/issuing a new (insert)

Feel free everyone to add to the list!!

John.

PS. Almost forgot to mention that none of us will find out for several days anyway because the Airfix website will crash as per usual /😊😂

Edited by Beermonster1958
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Beermonster1958 said:

Not really bothered what, if any, the "big kit" will be.

I'm looking forward to the cries and howls of:

Wrong scale

Wrong type

Wrong version

Yet another aeroplane, why  not  (insert)!.

It's the (insert) anniversary of (insert). Airfix missed a chance to commemorate by not updating/issuing a new (insert)

Feel free everyone to add to the list!!

John.

PS. Almost forgot to mention that none of us will find out for several days anyway because the Airfix website will crash as per usual /😊😂

You mean it's going to be a 1:28 Fairley Fruitbat? Be still, my beating heart ...

• Haha 2

Has it been confirmed exactly what parts are going to be in the initial boxing? Won’t be doing the options airfix have chosen if I do get one when it eventually comes out

Edited by PhantomBigStu
16 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Has it been confirmed exactly what parts are going to be in the initial boxing? Won’t be doing the options airfix have chosen if I do get one when it eventually comes out

Blue steel and non blue steel options will be included, both engine options are on the same plastic frame so both will be included.

All the nose and tail options seem to be included as they're on the same frames. 

The only MK2 Vulcan options that it appears will not be included are the parts to make an early one (XH556 and earlier), a B2.MRR, Falkands Vulcan (my bet for the second box of the kit), or a K2. 

• Like 1

I've just had another look at the preview video and that has got to be the worst paint & finish job I have ever seen on a manufacturer's demonstrator.  It looks like it's been in open storage/out on the fire dump for a couple of years.😪😪😪

1 minute ago, stever219 said:

I've just had another look at the preview video and that has got to be the worst paint & finish job I have ever seen on a manufacturer's demonstrator.  It looks like it's been in open storage/out on the fire dump for a couple of years.😪😪😪

mmm it's not great... I'd be quite happy to do one... or five... for them 😂

• Like 1
6 hours ago, stever219 said:

Couldn't agree more. 

What is with the black filled in pannel lines?

Has the builder never seen a Vulcan? 

Oh yes, the gaps round the cockpit canopy, the transfers that are not settled onto the paint and details... ?

I know close up photography emphasises minor imperfections but I'd be ashamed if I built that and I'm not a very good modeler.. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, 224 Peter said:

Couldn't agree more. 

What is with the black filled in pannel lines?

Has the builder never seen a Vulcan? 

Not  just the Vulcan. It seems to a bit of a fad, having neatly filled in panel lines.

Do real aeroplanes have neatly filled in panel lines?

Not that I've noticed.

For sure, they get, chipped and worn (where removable) and, they get dirty but, evenly and neatly along the whole length.?

The model looks a bit like a patchwork quilt!

John

• Like 2

When I first saw the video I thought it was the Corgi Vulcan rather than the Airfix kit, still I'm sure all will become clearer when we see the moulds, and it won't stop people buying a shed load of them.

• Like 1

One of my pet hates is the fashion to over weather and enhance panel lines. 

This is a Hawker Hawk, the photo was taken a year ago. 

The A/C was built and first flown in 1974. 

How many panel lines can be seen? 

spacer.png

Answers on a Postcard please......

It is polished using "Back to Black" car polish and looks wonderful. 

Other than the lack of a permit to fly from the CAA, it is fully airworthy and functional. 

• Like 4

It’s also covered in flush rivets, but not those countersunk holes with no rivet heads beloved of kit manufacturers and modellers.

3 hours ago, 224 Peter said:

How many panel lines can be seen? 

None - but you can see just about every removable panel fastener! Will have to work out how to replicate that as I'm currently building this very aircraft

Thanks for the photo Peter, I assume as she's up on tippy toes there's no engine in her now?

1 hour ago, Aeronut said:

It’s also covered in flush rivets, but not those countersunk holes with no rivet heads beloved of kit manufacturers and modellers.

0d4349ee7309eaf9914018ba1215488a.jpg
a1d7a33722c67485b770bd7810f86fe3.jpg62a17481c59012ec8cc36ab2b2740f5a.jpg
ffc3236a245579f6db679bb61f8bdb76.jpg

579337967e96df35ac7b77a46c5b492e.jpg

• Like 1